TV Recordings Order Wrong

Apropos of nothing, when under the "Recently Updated" tab, my TV Library of recordings has suddenly started showing oldest first, despite being set to newest first. Tried everything I know and it won't order them correctly.

EDIT: Well, it seems now that as new things record they move to the top.

I am seeing the exact same problem on my FireTV and Shield devices.

The order is correct when I use a web browser.

I reported this issue here: Reverse order of episodes - oldest to newest - #21 by tobycth3 and the thread was closed by @maddox (part my fault for reporting an Android issue under the Apple section) and again here: Sort order bug in v2024.08.08.0632 but have received zero response so far.

I'll have a look at this soon

Can you guys provide screenshots or be more specific when you say "my TV library of recordings". Do you mean actual recordings? Do you mean the TV shows? Are you talking about the Recordings section, or the TV shows section.

These specifics matter.

Ok! I think we got to the bottom of this and will have a fix on the beta channel soon. In the meantime, you can work around this bug by enabling the "Enhanced Library" feature in Settings

@anizocani That seems to have worked, but it is multiple clicks to get to s screen that used to be the default.

I've already fixed the bug and it will be coming out in the next beta release very soon (basically as soon as I can do some release testing)

This should be resolved in the latest beta.

@maddox I checked and I have V4.8.0 install on my FireTV, but there is still an issue.

Shows are being moved to the top of the "Recently Updated" list only when they are added.

In the past, when I watched (or deleted) a TV show that was part of a series, the series would move to the top of the "Recently Updated" list. That does not happen now.

Yes, this is by design. They were sorted incorrectly before and that has been corrected.

They are sorted by when the last time a show was added to them.

@maddox Actually I found the incorrect order to be more useful. :wink:

I guess what I am looking for is something that shows a combination of recently watched and recently updated. Any suggestions on how to achieve that?