TVE 60fps

Anyone know a list of TVE channels that offer 60fps? I know that I can record a program and check the info and get the details, but I was wondering if anyone had a list.

Not that I've seen, we've been waiting for your listing :grinning:

Seriously, not everyone gets the same TVE channels and we don't even have a list of which websites stream live TVE for each channel, so it looks like you're a pioneer.

Not an exhaustive list, but here's the ones I know off the top of my head:

• Fox (owned-and-operated stations)
• FX
• FXX
• ESPN
• ESPN2
• FS1
• Fox News
• Fox Business

1 Like

I've noticed anything that normally broadcasts in 720p like anything Disney and Fox is 60 the rest are 1080 30 fps.

Sadly, ABC and Disney Channel are 30fps on TVE, even though they are 720p channels.

Is this why when I record Channels to the Channels DVR from my AT&T Now, that most channels look like SD quality? As, maybe they are at 30fps instead of 60fps? For example, when watching a show, any type of moving looks strange, nothing like the direct broadcast. Hallmark, and most channels do this.

If this is correct, it really makes the TV Anywhere, Channels DVR almost worthless when watching on my OLED tv. As, I want the best or closest to the best quality.

Channels has no control over the quality of the streams the networks make available.

I keep hearing that, so Channels offers no benefit if it does not record the same quality as my TiVo or AT&T Now DVR or even some of the streaming services that have on demand like CBS All Access. When you have a great tv, you don't want SD quality on it.

Channels DVR is a great concept and like the interface, but it has to record at high quality, otherwise you are stepping back to SD days, which has no benefit, unless watching on iPad or iPhone. :smile:

ChannelsDVR can only record what is supplied to it does not transcode or manipulate the original stream. So Channels DVR is doing it's job.

Yep - I get that. But, what use is it then when you are used to watching High Quality Broadcasts or Streams? It can't beat a TIVO or any streaming DVR? Are people using it to stream to their phone or iPad, where you can't tell the quality difference?

Just trying to understand, as anyone who has a quality TV would not be satisfied watching the recordings from Channels that way. Or else they just don't care about quality.

I can not say I notice any difference. I care, I just don’t see it.

That is good. I wish I did not, otherwise would really like.

I record from a Cable card and OTA so I get the same quality as a TIVO. I will only record from TVE when all Cable TV tuners are in use.

I record primarily from my OTA HDHomeRuns, the original and main purpose of Channels. The quality is superior.

If you want the Channels DVR recordings to look like Tivo then you will need to use a HDHomerun OTA and/or HDHomerun Prime with cable card.

Thanks. I did buy an HDHomerun, but have yet to open it, as since I have a TiVo already, it would duplicate what I am already doing, unless I want to stream outside my home. If TV Everywhere recording would have been better quality, then my plan was to ditch the TiVo and use the Channels DVR, along with HD Homerun.

Which HDHR did you buy? OTA or Prime?

I have an HDHR Connect Quatro OTA and a HDHR Prime 3-tuner. I'm tempted to get another Prime so I have 6 cable tuners.

HDHR Connect Quattro OTA.

Good luck finding a Prime they are no longer being made Ebay might be your only hope for a used one.

Plenty on ebay. With patience and luck they can be had for $100-150. I bought a brand new one for $150 about a month ago.

2 Likes