TVE and YTTV - Suddenly There are Fewer Channels Authorized

All of a sudden only 64 channels are authorized for TVE. Used to have over 120 channels. Now, I am being told to re-authenticate a bunch of channels; among them MSNBC etc. I am up-to-date on the latest version (2020.06.08.2114)

Log submitted at 650bfefd-9539-45f5-be38-d56ff53553ed

Please advise as to how to rectify this. Thank you.

2 Likes

Same with my account. Error message screen shot:

I even tried creating a new family account but with the same error code.
Thanks,

I am experiencing the same issue--running DVR server version
2020.05.25.2131 on Linux.

Does it work on nbc.com/live

Yes, I do see NBC Live on my list of authorized channels within YTTV. However, NBC is a channel that I can also receive locally. I believe I have NBC Live set up for the feed to come through from YTTV (not Locast). That feed is working properly.

That's not what I asked. Does your YTTV login let you stream on nbc.com/live

On second look, it looks like my pi-hole was blocking a domain needed for NBC properties to authenticate properly. It wasn't initially showing up in my blocked logs, I'm guessing due to DNS caching on the local client devices. Disabling the pi-hole and re-scanning seems to have cleared the issue up.

I'll spend some more time to figure out which domains I need to whitelist to re-enable the pi-hole, but it seems that at least in my case that was the culprit.

My apologies....

Yes, on my AppleTV, MSNBC Live does work on the NBC app using YTTV as my TV provider.

Hope that answers your question.

I think this has now been resolved. I noticed that on my IPhone, NBC thought that SlingTV was my TV Provider. However, it should have been YTTV. Once I logged out of the NBC app on my phone and set my TV Provider on my IPhone to YTTV, MSNBC came back up onto my list of favorite channels in the Channels app on my iPhone. I now also have all 119 channels showing up on my iMAC's list of ChannelsDVR channels under the YTTV source.

Not sure why suddenly NBC thought SlingTV was my TV provider but it seems to be resolved for now.

Let me know if I need to do something else to prevent this from happening again.

Sometimes the apps pull from different sources than the website. That's why when troubleshooting it's necessary to check on the actual website, not using an app or any other manner. Since Channels pulls from the websites themselves, that's really the only way to narrow down the issue.