TVE Bally Sports Midwest

Which version of the DVR server are you running? There were some fixes made to Bally networks just in the last few days that solved a similar issue for me, although I use fox sports Ohio. I’d recommend upgrading to the latest pre-release and see if it helps, if you’re not already on it.

I am on the current release 2021.03.30.0356. I would be interested in trying the pre-release, but I can't seem to find any release notes for them for some awareness of what I might see affected. Is that posted somewhere I have not found yet? Can you roll back to the release version of there are ill effects?

Changelogs or notes are not posted for pre-release versions, nor will they be. If you’re comfortable with the command line, reverting to a previous version is as simple as changing a symlink.

I am more than comfortable swapping a symlink. I just wanted to make sure I don't get stuck where some breaking change is made and rolling back causes an issue. Software engineering is my day job, so I am aware of the possibilities. Is there information on the rollback procedure posted somewhere I can refer to?

Wherever you installed Channels, just change the latest symlink to point to the directory of the version you wish to run. It's a pretty simple operation.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

I upgraded to the latest pre-release and I am still seeing the KC Royals feed instead of the STL Cardinals feed. Both tonights and last nights games were still incorrect after I upgraded, but the guide showed correctly.

Pre-release version: 2021.04.25.1716
TVE Channel BSMWMO3

That to me looks like it means: Bally Sports Midwest/Missouri 3, meaning, not MWMO, not MWMO2, but MWMO3. Are you saying the guide for the third (second-alternate) MWMO channel matches in Channels, but the content does not?

1 Like

Yes, currently the guide shows that the Philadelphia Phillies at St Louis Cardinals should be on, but the actual game is the Royals and Pirates. When I load up the ATT TV app the game is the Cardinals like it should be so that suggests to me that the wrong feed is attached to the correct guide for me.

Right. What I was getting at is that the guide data is for the primary MWMO feed, but the actual feed itself is for a different/alternate RSN. This has been the case for RSNs from Fox/Bally for quite some time. I'm not sure why the Fox/Bally RSNs only seem to be alternates, but perhaps Aman could take a look at what's actually happening when channels are added/authenticated for Fox/Bally RSNs. What do you say @tmm1, think this warrants a look?

KC resident here..no issues with my feed 6206 is correctly showing KC vs Pitt. However the feed looks horrible and the stat info shows just 30fps whereas the Bally app on the Apple TV is clearly 60fps and has a much better picture.

I'm in STL and 6205 is showing Royals (Cardinals in guide) and 6206 is showing tennis.

Same thing here. 6205 says it's supposed to be the cardinals game, but I am getting the KC game. I submitted logs before and after upgrading to the latest pre-release build.
994237e1-60e1-4bfb-ac4a-a9d6b67a57c1
2c4c0ad3-1231-4728-ba02-de43ab458d5c

Opened connection to TVE-DTV for ch6205 FS-RSN-FSMMO3

This was the exact same behavior I was seeing occasionally with Bally sports Ohio. It hasn’t happened since a prerelease a week or two back with some fixes for this. The guide showed a Reds game but it was a Cleveland Cavaliers game. Definitely seems to be a mixup of the main channel and its alternates somehow.

If the channels devs see this:

I have my own custom code for getting FSGO/Bally streams. Probably related to the Bally transition, when the Cardinals and Royals are playing at the same time, both airings are given the same channel_callsign (FSMMO3) and the Royals games are always listed first for some reason.

My first attempt to fix this was to count the matches of the words in the "title" in the FSGO metadata with the guide data. However that breaks when the game goes longer than the guide data, i.e. when the guide data shows "Cardinals Live Postgame" or whatever. Now I just have a hard coded bias to look for "cardinals", "blues", or "pacers" in the "title".

Here's some example json when this happens:

"type": "Sporting Event",
			"type_id": 1,
			"id": 966604,
			"title": "Royals at Pirates",
			"airing_date": "2021-04-27T22:30:00.000Z",
			"airing_enddate": "2021-04-28T02:00:00.000Z",
			"airings": [{
					"airing_id": 2025815741,
					"program_id": 966604,
					"airing_date": "2021-04-27T22:30:00.000Z",
					"airing_enddate": "2021-04-28T02:00:00.000Z",
					"channel_id": 38004,
					"channel_name": "FS Midwest",
					"channel_callsign": "FSMMO3",
					"channel_group_id": "fsmw",
					"channel_tag": "FS Midwest",
					"complete_playlist_available": false,
					"replay": false,
					"is_live": true,
					"is_linear": false,
					"mf_links": [{
							"rel": "airing",
							"href": "/channel/38004/airing/2025815741"
						}
					],
					"enable_live_archive_vod": true,
					"dvr_rights": "FULL",
					"dynamic_ad_insertion": true
				}
			],

"type": "Sporting Event",
			"type_id": 1,
			"id": 966636,
			"title": "Phillies at Cardinals",
			"airing_date": "2021-04-27T23:30:00.000Z",
			"airing_enddate": "2021-04-28T03:00:00.000Z",
			"airings": [{
					"airing_id": 2025073741,
					"program_id": 966636,
					"airing_date": "2021-04-27T23:30:00.000Z",
					"airing_enddate": "2021-04-28T03:00:00.000Z",
					"channel_id": 38004,
					"channel_name": "FS Midwest",
					"channel_callsign": "FSMMO3",
					"channel_group_id": "fsmw",
					"channel_tag": "FS Midwest",
					"complete_playlist_available": false,
					"replay": false,
					"is_live": true,
					"is_linear": false,
					"mf_links": [{
							"rel": "airing",
							"href": "/channel/38004/airing/2025073741"
						}
					],
					"enable_live_archive_vod": true,
					"dvr_rights": "FULL",
					"dynamic_ad_insertion": true
				}
			],
1 Like

Same issue in KC - last two nights, instead of the Royals game, I'm seeing STL Blues hockey. Bally Sports KC is coming in OK on Spectrum/Charter website. Would love to know a solution as this is the reason I went with Channels instead of getting the Spectrum DVR. Issue existed using the latest stable release, plus I just did an update the the most recent beta and had same problem.

1 Like

Same issue as Rickmckc. Should be royals mlb but showing St. Louis hockey. Stream times out after 30 sec. logs submitted version 2021.03.30.0356

Would love to know how & where you implement this code ...

1 Like