TVE - CBS/Viacom channels going away?

Use The TVE feeds while they last and if intrested, make use of some of the new projects so as to allow for continued use of channels.
I've already made TVE less of a priorty.

2 Likes

My guess is that a majority of Channels users are like me and use Channels because it is basically a 'turn-key' system that doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge unlike those new projects you mentioned. I don't claim to be a 'technical' users, but with the proper instruction, I do okay so I took a look into the projects and there is more to it then my technical capabilities can handle. It looks like what works today, may not work tomorrow.

1 Like

I would have to agree with that statement Freway.
All of this is going to be in a constant change, and a lot of the streamers are simply just going to go away. My personal opinion is that it’s going to go back to major providers. In fact, I really think the only way this can all work is for advertisers to foot the bill to have good quality content.

When HBO removes all HBO content and becomes Max… It almost seemed like the beginning of the end for broadcasters.

The whole pie is just really not that big. We need simpler times that we will never see again

Seems like he was spot on. I lost all of these channels on Channels today. Comedy Central is the one that hurts the most.

1 Like

I don't doubt what you are saying. But I get these channels through DirectV Stream. As of today, they are all gone

The Error is missing_cdn_config Error - Media urls could not be created due to missing CDN configurations for the account.

Paramount/Viacom changed their stream API a while back, the old one that Channels DVR uses for TVE still worked, until they started migrating their live streams to a new dynamic ad insertion provider that the old API doesn't support. A few weeks ago they migrated Logo, CMT and TV Land to the new provider. Today they migrated Paramount, VH1, BET, MTV and Comedy Central to it.

1 Like

Relevant post in another thread:

Looks like I'll be adding more channels to my adbTuner setup...

I just tried the channels in question. channels are gone. When I selected the channel, the setting fell back to the Fubo docker I had set up to receive the stations. I've been planning on the changes by getting as much of my viewing on Channels off TVE.

thnks

Lucky you. I just tried and no luck for me, game over.

Are you on the west coast, by chance? I'm on the east coast.

I am on the west coast and they are DOA.

Only channel there Comedy Central, used to care about, but it had issues with the picture, forget what... the only show i care about on there is new South Park, but the last several new things, been all on streaming first...so... o well. Still have Comedy Central Pluto channels. Nick Pluto as well... good enough for me.

For me, the primary TVE stations i care about, Nat Geo WILD, Reelz, Motortrend.... if those go away... would greatly reduce my use of CDVR. The few shows on OTA stations, either ended, canceled, or filming delayed due to strikes etc.

2 Likes

Ditto. Fubo Docker has been a lifeline for me. Chrome Capture is ok for me, but if I am not home and something gets updated and breaks the process, my wife won't tolerate having things not work for a period of time. And HDMI works ok, but occasionally you have to grab the remote and select your profile using Fubo and yet another example where family "just wants it to work".

3 Likes

Can you confirm if those channels do indeed work on the fubo docker? I may have to switch providers now.

Yes, along with many others (FOX, NFL, Bravo, SYFY, etc).

2 Likes

To be clear, Fubo Docker has it's own gaps (ABC based channels like ABC, ESPN, etc). However, when paired with TVE, the combined gives you even more than what used to be available via TVE alone. Almost the same as the native app does for live TV.

3 Likes

HLS or MPEG for the docker?

You can use either depending on how you import them into channels. I use MPEG for local and HLS if I am sharing across Tailscale.

2 Likes

The docker is solid.
I use TVE for ABC but mostly focus on docker content first.

1 Like

Actually, that's a good point. The Docker in general I believe brings over the stream used by the Fubo App which is is a higher quality stream whereas TVE is typically a lower quality stream.