TVE Dead or Alive

I subscribed to Channels but I cancelled the service because we do not have any linear tv service at all. We do have Frndly as an add on but I am not really technically minded to bring it into channels. If there is a way where you can actually install something that would be great. Or even better, Sling TV has their own free streaming service with a 10 hour dvd. Imagine if we had those channels through this program and had the ability to record, how awesome that would be.

No, don't.

Sling TV has incredibly poor TVE licensing/support. If you are already using that as your primary DVR, I don't believe Channels will give you the number of channels you are used to.

2 Likes

Interesting, as I am strongly considering dropping Cox and getting Youtube TV.
The question that comes up in my mind and when I read your comment is,
Why not just use the Frndly app, and/or the free Sling app,both have a DVR and the channels you want.
And for me, why not just use the YTTV app???
I can run it on every TV with my streaming boxes, TV direct if I choose, Phone, Tablet, out of home, Profiles.
It has Unlimited DVR.
It now has Multi-screen, limited so far but by fall it should be "Pick your own games".
YTTV has all but a few channels I need, and those I get OTA with HDHR (THIS is why I'd keep CDVR )
...for those few channels and recording those few OTA channels.
Plus of course Custom Channels, Commercial skip,
And able to get around the 3 stream limit with TVE as long as that survives for our Favorite channels,
And again if you get the yearly sub art $80, that's only $6.67/mo........
I just cannot come up with a reason to drop CDVR no matter how hard I try!!!!
no matter how I slice it.!! :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

If those respective apps offers the features you want, then I don't know why you would need another app.

But, you are posting in the forum for an app that does not fully natively support all that your mentioned services do ... so what is your endgame?

Ah. So you want internet DVR and corporate carriage licenses, but also local OTA. (Did you know Sling will incorporate your local OTAs into their guide and DVR if you use their hardware? Of course, Sling is just the streaming arm of Dish.)

We live in a rural town so we are forced to get either cable or use Hulu Live, YTTV. We use Paramount Plus for the local CBS station and Peacock for NBC. We have Frndly as a supplement. We can’t see spending $80 a month for a service when there is no have to station to watch.

So true.
TV is a vast wasteland.