TVE - Discovery networks not tuning?

No.
They'll post when something is available.
Consider he just got back to work and has to setup the new Synology, do testing and come up with a fix.
And I'm sure that's not the only issue he's working on.

Synology issues are fixed in v2021.08.30.2043

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

After updating a rescan of DIY and Science brought them back, but I stupidly rescanned Discovery channel for no good reason and it errored out on both my Synology package and Docker installs.
After bouncing the package and container (stop/start), a rescan of Discovery channel brought it back.
Sorry I didn't write down the error text. I think the error was Invalid parameters (-32602)

1 Like

With v2021.08.30.2158 all the Discovery channels have been moved over to the sciencechannel.com streams

2 Likes

So given that fact I realized that all the Discovery Network channels would have to be re-authed.
I tuned to each one and they re-authed, except for Travel which errored out.

[TVE] action=discovery_resolve data={"code":403,"message":"Forbidden","description":"Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None]."}
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6106: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].
[HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6106-dANY-ip192.168.1.8: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].
[HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6106-dANY-ip192.168.1.8

Rescanned Travel and got
403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].

Bounced the Synology package, rescanned Travel and still the same error.
I hardly ever watch that channel, but thought I'd report it.

Logs have been submitted as a471fe2e-c572-420d-8944-a4c72dc955ff

Tried to play Travel channel on my Docker contanier install and after a long time it started playing. But now Diagnostics on that docker install says TV Everywhere Chrome installation is corrupted
Logs have been submitted as 3b5e1e36-0136-4f3f-8c8d-31066f3cb9ca

Looks like a familiar issue, which was the reason you had to delete chromedata and readd every month.

Since v2021.08.30.2158 is using the new website those problems are gone.

Thanks, was going to submit another diagnostics when I saw your message.
Was getting
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6114: TVE: chrome failed to start:
Gdk-Message: 17:04:05.848: chrome: Fatal IO error 0 (No error information) on X server :999.
[HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6114-dANY-ip172.18.0.1: TVE: chrome failed to start:
Gdk-Message: 17:04:05.848: chrome: Fatal IO error 0 (No error information) on X server :999.

Installed the latest prerelease just now, still can’t authorize DIY or Science.

v2021.08.30.2158 ?

Diagnostics? Which provider?

3f996f7e-48a9-41c0-be9a-3dab3791a405

Directv

Does it work on sciencechannel.com? If not, did you report it to Discovery GO support or DirecTV support?

EDIT: I see you already have a thread all about this on Suddenly lost some channels (Discovery)

Works on directv app. Does not work on web site. In fact no channels work on science channel.com

Same issue with Science Channel with DirecTV on Synology.

403: Not permitted to watch. (access.denied.missingpackage)

812fdb55-56f2-4f32-841b-3ed385130983

Please see all the discussion on the DirecTV specific thread:

1 Like

I’ve also reported to Go.discovery support. Maybe if enough contact them it’ll be resolved sooner.

Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

I'm undoing this again for now, until the provider auth issues are resolved.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll stick with v2021.08.30.2158 for now as it's working for me with Xfinity on all Discovery Network channels on both my Synology package and Docker Container installs.

If I update, my Docker Container install will have problems again.

So, in reviewing the logs on why I still get the “no login form" error. I can use their website, app, or whatever and have no issues. But when I try using channels, I get the below.

2021/08/31 08:10:06.239153 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="scienceSelect: path=/login-affiliates"
2021/08/31 08:10:07.251833 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="scienceSelect: missing affiliate"

The change from ATT TV to Directv or Directv Stream appears to be the issue, now. I'm assuming that Channels is using “Directv Stream” as the affiliate and Science Channel is still using ATT TV. I have emailed science channel help but figure this might take a while to be corrected.

Is there a way for channels to try the old affiliate name when that error is found? If so, that could possibly be the temporary fix until the science channel fixes their end.

Can you login and watch on sciencechannel.com? Which provider are you selecting from the list at the bottom there?