TVE - Discovery networks not tuning?

Hello, just updated to the latest pre-release as another channel was not working. Now I noticed what seems to be all the Discovery network channels not tuning(Food Network, discovery, etc). Just summited diag. Anyone else having issues? on pre-release

Some strange messages in your log about websocket timeouts communicating with Chrome. Maybe reboot?

Who is your provider? Charter/Spectrum has some weird limit on the Discovery channels where you can only tune 2 of them, then you have to wait like 10 minutes for it to time out before you can tune another.

@tmm1 I got it to work. I deleted the TVE source(Philo) and when I was adding the source back, while authenticating, got the websocket URL timeout error. I have two Internet connections setup in a loadbalance(technically does round-robin for HTTP requests). Configured the DVR to use one to finish the auth. Worked but still had to manually rescan three of the Discovery Network channels though. All worked after that. When I put the DVR on the other Internet connection, worked. Put the DVR back into load balance, still worked and tuned the channels.

I recall a few months ago my Philo auth got buggy and had to remove and add back as a source but did not do any load balance changes then though. Seems every few months Philo does a reset and deleting and adding back the source is the only option to update login/auth info. Thanks for responding so quickly to assist.

To fix the Philo auth, you can also click the gear icon and select Update Password. That way you don't have to remove/readd.

With the new prerelease today, I've switched all the discovery networks to use the streams coming from sciencechannels.com/live-now. This means the weird Spectrum limit is gone, and issues with the chromedata folder needing to be deleted on Xfinity are also fixed.

7 Likes

@tmm1 I did do a Philo re-auth via the gear icon first. It did do a re-auth(at least appeared too) and I got the email challenge link, but deleting and adding source was the fix for me. Thanks.

Interesting, okay. There may be some bugs in the new code. The websocket timeout is also not normal, and unrelated to your internet setup. It means the local communication on the DVR OS is not working as expected, which I why I suggested you reboot.

After updating to today’s prerelease do we need to delete source and re add spectrum? Or just update to release?

You should never need to remove/readd.

Thanks. I did two reboots but did not help. I'll try a shutdown and cold start if I run into this again.

Some bugs with discovery/science auth have been fixed in v2021.08.13.0044

If you rescan those channels individually it should work more reliably now.

3 Likes

I'm on v 2021.08.13.0204 and I'm still getting the error message "science auth failed". I sent you the logs ( e9b2e237-46b8-4515-a3f9-5ee21c8fe727). Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. Removing Philo and adding back fixed my issue also.

2 Likes

Made a bunch of fixes in today's build. Should be a lot more reliable now.

2 Likes

Thank you. The latest build worked for me. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m getting Tuner Unreachable on Discovery (6101) and Science (6110). Just upgraded to prelease 2021.08.14.0039 and did not fix my issue.

Using Xfinity?
If so, see my post here Xfinity TVE-All Discovery channels No login form found

DirecTV

@tmm1 You're recent changes seem to have broken authentication for suddenlink.
I sent diagnostics 88384902-662b-4025-9e0c-5440ae665d03
DISCOVERY, FOOD, ANIMAL-PLANET, HGTV, TLC, TRAVEL, INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY, DIY, COOKING-CHANNEL, SCIENCE, AHC, DESTINATION-AMERICA, DISCOVERY-LIFE
All return this error,

"errors" : [ {
"status" : "400",
"code" : "invalid.token",
"id" : "varies",
"detail" : "Token invalid"
} ]
}

Thanks

Do an individual rescan of Science Channel only then submit diagnostics