TVE HGTV constant buffering

I know this is an old issue but I’m new to channels and this is happening to me on HGTV. Can’t even watch it. Doesn’t not happen on my computer.

You try recording the stream and watching the recording in progress? That can get around the issue sometimes.

I'll try that, but I shouldn't have to do that. Are you working on a fix? Seems it's an old issue that would have been addressed. That's the main channel we watch live. I'm testing Channels out and so far I'm not sure this is going to work for me. I still have cable and my TiVo DVR that has been very reliable.

We need more details to try and help here. Are you watching hgtv via a TVE source? What is the client device? What is your server device? How are they connected to the network?

Can you please start a new thread regarding your specific issues. Include your specific details please. Otherwise these threads become a pile-on with tons of "me too" posts, but all with different causes and solutions.

I am watching hgtv through TVE, Cox. Android Channels app on TiVo stream 4k. Using Windows 10 Pro, Lenovo ThinkPad X1, intel i5 8250U CPU, 1.60GHz, 8GB RAM, 370 GB Free of 476GB. Connect via Netgear Nighthawk Router, Netgear modem, Internet speed 946mbs, connected via Nighthawk router 5g wifi at 320mps.

Do you want me to start a new thread? A user asked me too. I don't want to have to start all over with the explanation.

No need. I split this line of discussion out into its own topic.

Please click Settings > Support > Submit Diagnostics > Video Player in the app after experiencing the issue on HGTV.

Ok will do.

I have submitted logs. Do you have them? It’s still happening.

Does it happen with recordings?

What exactly is happening with live HGTV? When it buffers, what is shown on the screen? Does it start playing and then buffer randomly, or never start at all?

I have to see about recordings I haven’t done any. But live tv freezes when it buffers and never starts playing again unless I exit out to the guide and select the channel again.

1 Like