TVE live stream buffered playback question/issue

I've noticed this on my Fire TV and web, but it may do the same thing on other platforms...

If I'm streaming a live channel and am some number of seconds/minutes behind, and the live stream pauses (presumably due to network conditions), my buffer pauses as well. The simple question is, why?

If I'm playing out of a local buffer and the live stream queueing temporarily stalls, there's no need for the local playback to pause if I'm not caught up.

Hard to say what's happening without diagnostic logs from the app

Is there any log I can grab from my server for you (Synology)? I had a stream playing this morning via Chrome on a desktop that was about a minute behind and stalled (presumably) when the internet connection became congested, thereby putting the stream about a minute and a half behind.

Does the Log tab of the DVR show any errors around that time?

There are no errors in the log at that time -- just typical maintenance messages.

It can be duplicated by starting a live stream and pausing it. Resume playback once you're buffered for a minute or more. Disconnect the internet connection and the buffered playback will stop almost immediately.

1 Like