TVEverywhere Questions

Couple questions about TVEverywhere sources:

1. Does anyone notice that TVEverywhere recorded sources seem to be darker than other sources (like OTA from HDHomerun)? When I record content from various TVEverywhere channels, and play it back via Android/Google TV boxes on a 1080 or 4K display, the content just seems darker. Almost as if the black levels are for a PC vs a TV. Anything I can check here or look at to try and debug?
  2. Is it possible to have more than one TVEverywhere source active? We're moving from Spectrum to YouTube TV, but will have both active for a period of time and I want to migrate as seamlessly as possible. Is it just as simple as creating the second TVEverywhere source and letting it sign in under the other account?

Thanks Channels Team!

I haven't noticed, but they are from different sources. OTA tends to be 1080i and higher bandwidth, while TVE is usually 720p or 1080p, but more compressed.

Yes. But every TVE source you add uses the exact same web source for the streams, so there is no difference whether you use Spectrum or YTTV ... only which channels you may have access to.

Yes.

2 Likes

In case you haven't, also worthwhile to read through this to understand what TVE is doing in Channels and why it looks different than those other sources:

And I created this helpful infographic:

Thanks for the links! I've previously understood the differences with TVE but it was a good refresher.

What I was meaning to say was that some TVE channel content seems darker than other TVE channels. It may very well be just how certain TVE sources are produced. I'm going to do some more comparisons and see if I can find a pattern.

Are there any TVE sources that show test patterns?