Two homes, one antenna

I have two homes. My normal house in Tampa, FL, and my cabin in Fairplay, CO.

My antenna, HDHOMERUN box and Channels DVR setup is in Tampa. The cabin in Fairplay doesn’t get any antenna reception at all.

If I setup an AppleTV in the cabin (which has internet access) and use the Channels DVR app to sign onto my account, can it pickup my antenna and DVR storage in Tampa? Or does everything need to be on the same LAN…

You can totally do this using the Remote DVR feature. You’d simply set up all your hardware in one home, then in your second home, just log into remote DVR.

You’ll have access to all of the recordings and live channels.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi - I am also in this situation - I want to log into my DVR from my apple TV in my holiday home. Can you just confirm that I can actually log into the remote DVR from the channels apple TV app?

I can't remember what it says on the DVR tab in the holiday home, and it's 100 miles away so I want to make sure I can do this before I go up at halloween.

Yep! Just make sure your have remote DVR enabled in the web admin. If you have the iOS app, test that it works by connecting to it while off your WiFi.

Just go to Settings and scrolls down to Connect To Channels DVR and choose the “Away From Home” option.

It will take you through the log in process.

You can also complete the remote login at home and then it should just work when you are elsewhere without having to go through the process

I am happy to confirm that this works like a charm! My goodness this is awesome!

1 Like