Two servers one guide

I know this has probably been asked, and heck I may have even asked it myself before, but is there a way to have the guide show 2 server sources in one? Like on my AppleTV if I have a sever at home and one at dad's house, without having to manually choose which server to connect to?

No. Not from a client with different servers.
The only way is to use a server at one location that pulls in the remote sources using m3u custom channels and combines them.

1 Like

Thanks. Manually selecting the server isn't ideal, but I guess I'll be ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Just feed one into the other via m3u. I have 3 channels servers setup this way.

2 Likes

It sounds like you have already done the hard part of setting up the connection if you can choose his server. Just add his server as a m3u like others have already suggested.

Channels DVR's Tailscale integration makes this super easy BTW. I paired servers in two locations following this comment, and it's been working fine for over a year now:

Channel Collections will let you mix and match whatever channels you want, from both locations, into one Guide.

2 Likes

I remembered that @Edwin_Perez also uses this method of combining multiple DVR's using custom m3u's (I just use multiple DVR's (6) and switch between them).

1 Like