Two small issues please help

1. TVE channels like philo and pluto keep buffering and locking up.. I thought it might be internet on my end but they work welll when in native apps

2. what do I need to do to have DVR god automatically to next episode

thanks

The "native apps" and TVE in Channels are not the same. They have different source streams. Channels' TVE streams come from the network websites, and have nothing to do Philo sources. Pluto, on the other hand, may have the same sources as viewing in their website, but that may differ from their native app.

So, your network could be the source.

This is available in recent beta versions of the Android client. (I has been available on Apple clients for quite some time.)
https://community.getchannels.com/t/new-beta-auto-play/21709/17

well I get where they are sourced fro and maybe I was not detailed enough, its not my network, I have zero issues with apps or network websites, well maybe someone else wil have the same issue thanks

Well, two things. Firstly, you haven't specified any network-related details, so there is no way to know whether your network has any part of this. Secondly, your post did not indicate you understood the difference between apps' and Channels' sources; an app sources their feeds from the parent—in your case, Philo's servers—whereas Channels' sources its feeds from the network websites, which is completely different from where Philo gets its feeds.

Perhaps help would be better directed if you supplied actual details about the errors and problems you are experiencing, as well as details about your setup, including network topology. Because without details, all anyone can offer are vague guesses based upon your vague posts.

Your reply felt a bit condescending, I am simply a customer with no special skills or technical knowledge.. My server runs on Nvidia Shield , connected via Ethernet to a 500-mbs Internet Connect, I have no issue with any other streaming apps, websites or games, only channels DVR - i understand if you are unable to help , just passing along a problem.

Thank you

1 Like

As @racameron explained, philo and pluto are not TVE channels.
Philo is a provider used to authenticate you via TVE to a networks website live stream like https://www.nbc.com/live

Are all your channels buffering and 'locking up' or only some?

I use TVE and some channels have issues occasionally. I find it best to pause 10 secs or so when starting a stream to avoid the buffering. Take it for what it's worth, my experience.

THe ones I use seem to, but I will try your suggestion thanks a lot!

I apologize, as I was not trying to sound condescending. However, community help and support is only as good as the effort you put into it. The more details you provide, the better support you can receive. Remember, this is a community forum, so most here are other users who have no information other than what you provide. This is not a magic bullet, and we don't know what you know; only guesses based upon vague descriptions.

The best approach is to describe your issues in detail, and which particular steps you follow to produce these errors. Then follow this information up with descriptions of your hardware and network settings and topology, so we can understand the situation better. It's better to share more information and have us discard it than to share too little to leave us guessing.

Also, some information given back may sound condescending in its nature, but in general it is offered so you can perhaps better understand how things actually work, rather than your perceived ideal. (For instance, that when you add Philo as a source in Channels, it is the same as in the Philo app. That is not the case; Philo is simply used to give you access to the streams which come from myriad sources, direct from the providers' websites. Not a single stream that Channels uses comes from Philo's servers.) This additional information can hopefully be used in the future to both further your understanding, as well as narrow relevant details done for additional support.

The next time you have an issue it would be good to check the logs in the DVR server web ui to see if any errors are logged at the time the issue occurred. If so, post them here and we may be able to give you some guidance.

Just as a data point, I use Pluto and Philo a lot and rarely have their channels buffering. To be clear on terminology, "buffering" to me is that it runs for like 10 seconds, then sits hangs for 5 seconds, then runs for 10, then hangs for 5, etc... that kind of thing. I do notice that sometimes it takes a TVE channel a little longer to start playing when I first tune to it than my antenna channels. Its not all the time, but I see that sometimes. So not sure if that is what you are talking about.

My server is a 2012 Mac Mini, and my network is an Orbi to the Apple TVs... so wireless. ISP is gigabit fiber.

Thank you, I appreciate the message and will try to give more details, when ican. have agreat day