UI after an episode has ended

After an episode has ended, Channels app shows the details for the show just watched:

This is helpful sometimes, but more often I’d rather see details of the next episode so I can straight away choose to play it.

Given the UI is very generously sized, it would seem to me there would be plenty of space to add info about the next episode, including a play button.

My initial thought would be to divide the screen 2/3 and 1/3 with the 1/3 on the right being summary details for the next episode.

There is an Auto Play setting under Settings > Playback. If you turn that on, it will automatically start the next episode when one finishes.

But you might be onto something. I have mine set to autoplay the next episode. But I think I would actually prefer that it stopped and had a Play Next option on the screen. There have been lots of times when it rolled right into the next episode and I had to manually stop it.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t like auto play.

A screen that shows when you’ve just finished watching an episode that currently only lets you re-watch the episode just watched is a bit… well… weird.

If anything this screen should prioritise showing info about the next episode rather than the one just watched, but I don’t have strong feelings about it.

Well, there is also that big red Trash button, so you can immediately delete the just watched episode.

Yes, I meant in terms of what you can start watching from that screen, the only thing on offer is to rewatch what you’ve just watched. Out of an entire library of recordings, the thing I least want to watch is the thing I’ve just watched!!

1 Like

Unless you are a kid under age 5. In that case, you want to watch it over and over and over and over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rest assured I’m somewhat older than 5 :joy: