UI Improvements

I lobe that Android is feature complete now, and I'm pretty happy with the UI but I had a few suggestions that I believe would benefit everyone. This is still a basic material design layout but I have no idea how much work would be involved in changing things around.

The biggest complaint I have with the current UI is that the channel categories aren't easy to switch between. I believe this UI would be more in line with the tvOS experience. One other thing that is a bit annoying is that the current search feature brings up voice search as soon as it is highlighted, this would make search a clickable icon instead.

With the proposed UI changes the "menu" items represented by the large rectangles on the home page would open a new page. As shown in the second drawing the side bar would be dynamic, switching to channel categories when the "Guide" is open.

The rest of the home page could also add favorites or anything else, I just put the important ones there as place holders.

“ON NOW” is also missing from the “menu” items, it should be the 4th option at the top of the home screen.