UK Guide Data Issues

Hey everyone!

Gracenote is having an issue with some of their UK lineups. They aren't reporting any guide data.

If you've run into this issue, there's a simple fix:

1. Go into your Channels DVR Server settings and find your HDHomeRun.
  2. Click the the trash can button to remove it's lineup.
  3. Go through and search for the new lineup for your area and add it.
  4. Just to be on the safe side, then go down to the Guide Database section and choose Re-Download Entire Guide.

Your passes and scheduled recordings will not be effected.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Maddox thanks, Your advice worked, but what would be good is a notification email from ChannelsDVR server informing that there is an issue....I can live with the guide date but not knowing there is a problem until next day is a little too late.

Gratfeul if this could be considered for future development. i.e. on settings page you inut an email address to push to if no giude date is present.

I’ve had the same thoughts. Some kind of notification system in case there are errors.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately UK guides are not downloading.

Freeview would be the correct guide for me however the others appear to be the same.

Is there anything else we could do?

Did you try the fix above??

Just for your information, I did this originally when you tweeted about this as I was having issues, but had to do it again today as several channels weren’t loading guide data and many of my upcoming recordings disappeared as a consequence. I did the same method again just now, and that has sorted it again. Will I need to do this again do you think? Is there a bug being fixed or is this external? Thanks guys, love the app. Matt

Hi, thanks for your help. Yes I’ve done the suggestion above a few times over the last week or so. I’ve also tried doing it with different guides

Please click Submit Diagnostics on the Help tab of the DVR web UI when the guide is having issues

This still appears to be an issue, I have to completely bin the listings and re add for it to pull down data each time.

Still loads of innacurate listings, Blaze TV has been wrong for a few days now.
I've just reconfigured Channels DVR to use XMLTV from HDHomerunner which I subscribed to a while back.

Please click Submit Diagnostics on the Help tab of the DVR web UI when the guide is having issues