UK tuners finding unknown and 5xxx channels

I’m having the same problem with 2 DVB-T2 CONNECTS in the UK. A number of channels are present above 5000. Some have the names of real channels such as “BBC ONE HD” but many are just “Unknown”. Obviously the cable card issue doesn’t apply to the Connect. Any one else had this issue?

Also the number of channels on each connect is different 207 channels on 1 and 250 on the other. Each is running the same firmware and is using the same roof aerial with a splitter pointed at Emley Moor with line of sight and 100% signal strength.

Channel names and numbers come from the broadcast… it sounds like they’re not coming through correctly.

I would guess maybe your signal is too strong and this getting distorted. Is the splitter you’re using also have some sort of amplifier built in?

What happens if you plug the aerial directly into one tuner and run a scan?

I sometimes get channel 5xxx. I think it’s because you’re close to 2 transmitters, 101 is BBC HD from your closest transmitter and 5001 will be the from the other transmitter.

I think…

When I had 2 Connects I also got different number of channels per unit. Not sure why.

I’m on Elmley Moore too, small world!

Yorkshire… God’s own country. Given Emley Moor is the highest freestanding structure in the UK a lot of aerials point towards it :grinning: