Unable to connect Philo TV Everywhere

I have been having some problems with some of the streams on Philo not working (Failed to start stream for ch6102: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: ].) and I found that someone was able to correct this by deleting and re-adding Philo. When I try this, after entering my email that I used with Philo, I do not get an email and, after some amount of time, I get this error:

philo error: 80

I have tried this several times and can activate standalone apps using my email.

I am running version 2019.08.26.1818 on a Mac Mini.

Any ideas?

I've seen the same exact error using Spectrum login. In my case I have to wait an hour and then Channels DVR will allow me to activate 2 more channels. It's all the channels in the manual rescan list starting from Discovery and ending at Motortrend.

Hope this helps

Philo login is working for me..

If you're not getting an email its because there's one still pending. Find the last email and click on the link inside to reset so it tries to send a new email next time.

The problem was that I was not getting any emails. I just received several, and tried again and got it working.

Must have been a problem on Philo’s side.

Thanks for helping!

I'm having problem signing in to Philo too. I signed in on last e-mail, but still get the message:
request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers).
I turned on HTTP logging and this it what it is sending:
[GIN] 2019/10/05 - 13:02:12 | 200 | 10.003621176s | 73.20.170.69 | POST /providers/philo/login/start?email=srharville%40bellsouth.net

Can you ssh into your NAS and run:

curl https://content-us-east-2-fastly-b.www.philo.com/geo

Are you using putty to connect?

No, only command console. I discovered that the keyboard input is not displayed on password entry.
I was able to root in and run the command. Here is the result:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Welcome to ReadyNASOS 6.10.1
Last login: Sat Oct 5 20:01:25 2019 from 192.XXX.X.XX
root@NAS-212:~# curl https://content-us-east-2-fastly-b.www.philo.com/geo
{"status": "SUCCESS", "city": "north augusta", "country": "US", "countryName": "united states", "dma": "520", "latitude": "33.527", "longitude": "-81.954", "connection": "broadband"}root@NAS-212:~#

I still get the timeout error message on the attempt to login to Philo. Do I need to reboot the NAS?

How quickly does that command return output?

It takes about 5 seconds.

Hmm the dvr has a 10s timeout and that still being hit.

Worth a reboot and maybe double check the network and dns settings.

Since my 1 month subscription is active, I tried Philo again today and finally got an e-mail link to login. This is the reply: "The TVE feature is not currently available on DVRs with ARM CPUs"
Not familiar with the CPUs my Nvidia Shield and Netgear NAS have. I have a couple of Firesticks I use in other rooms I will try too.

The ARM CPU issue is related to the device running your DVR server, not the client accessing the content.

I run the Channels DVR app on my Netgear NAS. I don't plan to use Philo long, but I do intend to use a streaming another service like Vue to have TVE. My concern is whether or not I will get the error no matter which streaming service I choose. Do you think I could avoid the error by running Channels on the Shield or Firestick, and use the NAS for storage only? I use gigabit ethernet for IPTV - no WiFi.

The Channels DVR can run on the Shield with support for TVE; the FireTV devices are only supported as clients, not as a DVR server.

I switched to VUE until it goes away. I get the error "The TVE feature is not currently available on DVRs with ARM CPUs". My Netgear NAS has an ARM CPU. I don't want to run Channels DVR from the TV boxes. 2 of my TVs have an Nvidia Shield, 2 have a FireStick, I would not have DVR access on all TVs if I did. Is TVE never going to be an option for my NAS?

You could move the dvr to one of the shields instead