Unable to connect to Channels DVR remotely even with ports open

idk what to do next

I've tried both manual and automatic both fail to allow me to remotely access the DVR

Thanks for any help

What does the page at http://${IP_ADDRESS_DVR}:8089/admin/troubleshooting show?

• Remote Access
    ā€¦
  • System Firewall
  • Third Party Firewall

Those are the pertinent lines. Check your firewall settings (both on the machine hosting the DVR and your router) to ensure that port 8089 is open, and that your router is forwarding external requests on its public IP to the local IP of your DVR server.

1 Like

Sounds like you may have "opened" the port but did not forward it to the DVR server? Port forwarding can be tricky.. buried deep in your router's configuration pages.

Also, you should setup your router to always give your Channels DVR computer the same IP address (otherwise, you're shooting at a moving target).

Lastly, depending on how you have things hooked up, there could be more than 1 layer of router that needs to be setup (eg. the box from your ISP may have a firewall/router embedded in it, and then you may have a WiFi router downstream of that. Both would need to be setup to forward port 8089).

Perhaps you could post a description of all the equipment that sits between the coax cable or phone line and your Channels DVR for more-specific help.

That was it , I had reinstalled fresh my PC and forgot to check those. Thanks!

1 Like