Unable to install on Nvidia shield

Attempting to install "Channels DVR" on Nvidia Shield, getting error of:

tried three times, rebooting in between... no change in issue.

Quick google search indicates this may be a play store issue. This link has some suggestions to try:

https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-issue/error-code-963.html

1 Like

Macnbaish,
I never made it over to quick google search for this issue.. ...

Having used many android phones, I've never experienced this issue.

I reached out to Channels, as a new subscriber, for assistance, and was turned away to "contact Google play store support", which, IMO was the right answer.. but, seriously... try to get help from Google on this issue... yep, thats going to happen.

Thank you very much for your Google Ninja search skills....

I think I'm simply worn down from trying to migrate from Windows Media Center using my two HD Homerun Primes (six tuners total) that has been working very well for easily a decade... to having to search for another solution due to some channels just refusing to record nothing but audio with a black screen for reasons I could never figure out... and then taking a shot at Plex's Live TV/DVR solution .... What a dismal failure that was. Hopefully I can use my Lifetime Plex Pass for things other than the Live/TV DVR feature that was the reason I finally paid for a LifeTime Plex Pass.

After the wife slapped me around for the utter failure of Plex's Live TV/DVR excuse for a software program, I opted to do what i hate to do, and that is pay for a subscription.... and started a subscription to HD Homeruns DVR service.... they make GREAT tuner hardware... the HD Homerun DVR software has to be good, right?... Nope.... another dismal failure. (No Guide Grid, and I can't watch a recording while it's in progress?... Really?...and then it started to miss recordings....)

I saw another mention of the Channels DVR program... in my forum travels high and low...

Fighting off the wife's request for a DVR from Frontier FIOS.... I pulled out the credit card again...and pulled the trigger for another subscription... for this Channels DVR....

and my first experience with it... is... I can't install it on my Nvidia Shield.... I was about to curl up in a ball on the floor and ... well... not really... but the thought occurred to me...

Back to the issue at hand: clearing caches, etc, didn't help. The fix was... on the Nvidia Shield, was to downgrade the Play Store App on the shield, and I was able to install Channels DVR, which brings two questions up:

1. Why was every other application on my Shield able to install with the up to date Play Store, and not Channels DVR?
  2. Can I update Google Play store on my Nvidia Shield, and still get updates for the Channel DVR app? Or will I have to downgrade every time an update for Channel DVR is made available?

thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
Stephen

I’m afraid I’m not much help on Google stuff as we are in the Apple ecosystem. Have had no issues. One of the Channels Devs May have more insights for you.

Not sure, only google can answer that question.

I'm pretty sure now that the app is installed it will auto-update correctly and you don't need to mess with the Play store versions anymore.