Unable to load guide data for Frndly TV

Can some kind person help me get the guide data for the main 43 channels? The extra 6 channels are populating the guide correctly, with its own xml address. The main 43 I leave the provider blank, check the Manage Lineup, and all the channels show the correct icons/channels on the right, so I didn't have to add them manually, butt still no guide data?

I am using the Python method, all channels do play properly. TIA.

Have you tried re-downloading the guide data from the dropdown menu? Sometimes for good measure I also do Delete and Recreate Database from the Guide Data subsection of Live TV and DVR settings section. And of course always give it a good amount of time to do the job.

Thanks. Yes I tried both. Removed source and re-added. Tried both again. Will try again. Strange since all the icons are where they should be in Manage Channels.

When you re-add the source in custom channels maybe try using a different name. Same name re-added sources have caused problems in the past because the original source was not cleaned out completely when it was deleted. This issue had been fixed for a while, but has somehow cropped back up.

How important is this part?
"MY_PASSWORD" --IP "72.229.28.185"
I am not sure what to do with this last line?

1 Like

Self explanatory if you read the Setup instructions

Does that mean you don't know what that last line means? I still can't get the guide to work.

What do you mean by last line? If you're using a Docker command line, it's all one virtual line (sometimes using backslashes for readability). Docker-compose uses multiple lines.

Generally speaking though, the IP environment variable is only required if you're trying to get content intended for another part of the country.

git clone GitHub - matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels: Frndly TV for Channels
cd frndlytv-for-channels
pip install --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt
python app.py --PORT 8183 --USERNAME "MY_EMAIL" --PASSWORD
"MY_PASSWORD" --IP "72.229.28.185"

I just can't figure out how to add the last "my_password" and ip? The command prompt doesn't have a directory after I add the previous line command.

OK, so you're running it as a Python command instead of Docker.

Same principals apply, the command needs to be all on one line. There is no "last line":

python app.py --PORT 8183 --USERNAME "MY_EMAIL" --PASSWORD "MY_PASSWORD" --IP "72.229.28.185"

Thanks. I tried that a couple times, but it seemed to ignore the password and ip portion. Maybe I had an extra space. Will try it again.
Yes, I am using Python and not Docker. Thanks again.

So, I use my password twice? Once for "password" and again for "my password"?

So, if your username is Channels2021, and your password is SuperSecret!, it would look something like this:

python app.py --PORT 8183 --USERNAME "Channels2021" --PASSWORD "SuperSecret!" --IP "72.229.28.185"

Keep in mind it's not common to use the --IP flag, this is only if you want to geo-relocate. E.G. you're in NY, but you want CA content.

So I should just use my own IP that Channels is using?

Nope, leave the --IP flag and it's value off, unless you have a specific requirement for it.

Thanks again.
In the server it shows
"Skipping frndly-53 due to gracenote
Skipping frndly-37 due to gracenote
Skipping frndly-38 due to gracenote
Skipping frndly-41 due to gracenote
Skipping frndly-50 due to gracenote
Skipping frndly-49 due to gracenote"

Is this my issue? Or is that normal?

Seems like the proxy is running, now you just need to follow the directions (referenced many times in this thread) regarding the two source Custom Channels setup.

No

Yes

As I mentioned, it is showing all the correct channels and icons in the Manage Channels area of the source. The other source with only six channels and its own xml address, has worked from the beginning.

Thanks.
At this point, I guess I should just delete the frndlytv-for-channels folder, and sttart over.