Unable to Record After Getting New HDHomeRun

I recently swapped out my HDHomeRun Connect with a different one. Ever since then I cannot record/schedule recordings. I can still view previous recordings that I made, and they are playable.

My DVR is running off of my computer, and I've tried updating the version (now on 2019.08.03.0055). I've tried restarting the computer and the Channels DVR. The new HDHomeRun does show up as the one and only source, and my recordings are all available to view on the computer. The only thing that is weird is the Guide will not update and only says "Guide data is still downloading. Check back in a few minutes."

I can connect to the DVR with the Channels app on my phone, and I am able to view the recordings. I am able to watch live TV and view the guid. I am just unable to record.

Fixed!

The fact that the computer was unable to see the guide was the clue here. When you get a new HDHomeRun, you need to tell the DVR where to get its guide data from. I'm leaving this post up in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Solution:
Go to the configure screen on the computer you are hosting your Channels DVR on.
Find the Sources section where it lists your HDHomeRun.
Below it is where you set your Guide source. You can either type in your zip code or choose an existing option from the drop down.
This should start to download guide data.
The "Activity" section should show guide data being downloaded. If it does not, and the Activity is still listed as Idle, then go to the Guide Database section, select the gear drop down, and select "Fetch Guide Updates".

2 Likes