Unable to stream 1080p live tv remotely in web browswer

I am able to stream recordings in 1080p 10 mbps but not live channels. 720p 6 mbps works for streaming live. Is there something I'm missing? My internet has 20mbps upload speed pretty consistently so that shouldn't be a problem with only one stream remotely. The P2000 GPU seems to be encoding but it just buffers on the remote end

Try the latest dvr prerelease

Did you get a chance to try? We are working on transcoder improvements so I would like to get to the bottom of this and make sure the nvidia encoder is working as well as all the rest.

You can also try switching to Software and see if that works or not. That will help narrow down the issue.

I have not yet. I’ll be able to try tomorrow night though

How do I update to the prerelease again?

EDIT: Figured it out

It seems to be streaming now, it is jumpy at times. I ran a speedtest.net and I'm 26ms 164 down and 18 up on the network the server is on. The networking I'm streaming it to has 7ms 88 down and 91 up.

While you're connected remotely with a web browser, try using the Channels speedtest to measure the connection speed between the remote browser and your DVR.

http://my.channelsdvr.net/speedtest

Download: 10.51 Mbits/s
Latency: 94.64 ms
Jitter: 177.10 ms

What I found streaming locally even with a 100+ Mbit/s speed is that the web player starts playing the stream too soon and the stream can't keep up sometimes.

Download: 868.58 Mbits/s
Latency: 1.66 ms
Jitter: 2.20 ms

If you pause the web player right after it starts playing and let it buffer up 5-10 secs, then start playing, it's much smoother.

Also found if the transcoder speed drops close to or below 1x you eventually run into that issue the longer you play. Again pausing the web player to let it buffer helps so the player isn't trying to play the end of the buffered stream coming in, but has some content buffered.

transcode should always eventually drop to 1x for live TV.... because any faster and you would be in the future (ie: transcoding bits that haven't yet been broadcast).

And when it drops below 1x (does on mine, even with hw transcoding using a Synology 1019+ on a local 1Gb connection tuning an mpeg2 1080i channel that has to be transcoded to H.264 for web playback) you have to pause the remote web player to let it buffer, otherwise you get pauses and stutters as the player reaches the end of the HLS stream generated by ffmpeg (Channels DVR streaming)...

P.S. Well, have to say someone is listening to us as the almost latest pre-release (2019.04.19.0344) fixes the issues for me. I can stream mpeg2 1080i locally for hours after letting it buffer 30 secs ahead without any issues. After my nightly recordings are done and it upgrades to v2019.04.22.2317 I will test again.
Aman must be watching the thread and can't respond...

Version 2019.04.19.0344
Waiting to upgrade to 2019.04.22.2317...