Unable to use Vidgo as source

My Channels DVR has been connected to Vidgo for a month or so and working fine. This morning some of the vidgo channels would not play. As I worked to fix the problem I deleted the source to readd it hoping that would fix the problem. I've also tried rebooted the Channels servers serveral times. Unfortunately, now every time I attempt to add vidgo back I get a "401 Unauthroized: Data not found". I can log into the vidgo web site using the same login credentials used in Channels DVR. The Vidgo website indicates there is a TVE user logged in. I've tried logging that out on the website, then try to add the source into Channels. I get the same error message from Channels. The vidgo web site show the tve user has been logged back in. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I've also submitted this issue to Vidgo. Help! Please!

Can you login with Vidgo and watch on https://abc.com/watch-live ?

I am having the same issue. I did try to login to abc.com and it does not same to work, it does not unlock any of the programming.

Thanks for testing. Possible fix in next prerelease.

I also tried to login into abc using the vidgo credentials using my web browser. It didn't log in properly. I can log into vidgo.tv with my browser and watch ABC.

Is this a problem with Channels or with Vidgo?

Does it work?

Channels Pre-Release

What happens when it doesn't log in properly?

I'm having the same problem. I contacted Vidgo support and they are working on the problem. Told me in an email that they should have everything working sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

It takes me back to initial ABC Live screen. When I click watch again, I get the signin to a provider screen. Multiple attempts to sign in give the same response.

Thank you so much. I also contacted Vidgo but have not received an answer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did the upgrade but it still doesn't work. I agree with Freway01, that it's a Vidgo problem since we can't use Vidgo login to access ABC live direct.

I just tried to log into Vidgo (as a source) and I'm still getting the '401 Unauthorized' error. Same thing happens with any of the TVE 'Go' sites. I emailed their support department, one of their lead technical programmers, and the President of Vidgo again this morning but haven't go a response back from anyone.

I'd like to suggest that any Vidgo user that is having this problem, contact Vidgo support and let them know you are having a problem. You can reach them at '[email protected]'. They are proud of the fact that they support TV Everywhere as shown on this page, 'TV Everywhere - Vidgo'.

Are you still having the same issue with Vidgo?

I was just successful in adding vidgo as a source. Evidently they fixed it in the last couple of hours - it didn't work about 3PM EST.

1 Like

I got an email a couple of hours ago but just saw it now. I tried a couple of TVE channels and Vidgo ID & password worked. Also tried adding it as a source to Channels and it is working.

1 Like