Unraid Community App Store

I recently got my templates for Unraid in the Community Applications store. There’s one for Intel hardware transcoding and one for NVIDIA hardware transcoding. If anyone has any issues or feedback let me know.

3 Likes

Installation fails. Something to do with /dev/dri and I don't really know what I am doing with Docker containers either. Experimenting. About to give up. Lack of instructions for Docker, Unraid and TrueNas. May stick with Windows version of Channels. It works well. Logs below.

IMAGE ID [2131027208]: Pulling from timstephens24/channels-dvr.
IMAGE ID [2cc6cd3b5cd9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 27 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [748421c775f2]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [b84ab2df467b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [a07e981b870f]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 436 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [f3070b00d818]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 275 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [2b01b4a4262c]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 16 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [981c4ffdc993]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 3 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [6ea7cb172ae9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 320 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [ca39a49cbb30]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 1003 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
Status: Downloaded newer image for timstephens24/channels-dvr:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 367 MB

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='channelsdvr_intel' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_8089'='8089' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TZ'='America/New_York' -v '/mnt/user/CHannels/':'/shares/CHannels':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/channels-dvr':'/channels-dvr':'rw' --device=/dev/dri --security-opt seccomp=unconfined 'timstephens24/channels-dvr'

bdc7999f17120f163be94da51c208c375f838c40f7409418cb986918c0a05cce
docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dri": no such file or directory.

The command failed.

Sorry you're running into an issue. Mine are made with hardware transcoding in mind, and it doesn't seem like you have the iGPU enabled on your Unraid server. The easiest way for you to get it running is when you create the container click the switch at the top right to change it from basic to advanced view. Scroll down to the "Extra Parameters" section and remove "--device=/dev/dri".

I'll add some verbiage into the description to help with this. Thanks for bringing it up.

Taking out the --device command made it work. I also realized the fact that your plugin specifies Intel and I am running AMD. That one little difference is the whole issue.

Channels is now installed and running on Unraid. Live TV and recording both work now.

Appreciate the help and posting the plugin for Channels. I have been wanting to run a server for a while now to include Channels. I think this will work for me.

Awesome! If you have other issues with it, let me know. If you have unrelated Unraid/Docker questions feel free to PM me.

1 Like

Excellent work Tim! Thank you so much!
One question about the Time Zone. While the Unraid server (set to Central Time, using NTP), my client PC and a windows-based Channels server all show correct time zone, the server I installed on my new Unraid box states Timezone: EST and I need it to be CST. Any suggestions on how to adjust it?

If you click 'Show more settings...' under the WebUI 8089 line there's additional settings in there. One of those settings is TZ, and you should be able to change that to match your area. I have it default to eastern (America/New_York).

1 Like

Ahh, missed that one. Thanks again!

1 Like

This is great - thanks very much. I am having a bit of an issue in that my nvidia P2000 card doesn't seem to be getting used. It is showing 0 processes on the dashboard. I have capabilities set to all and id set to all. I also have the same setting in plex, hoped would be able to use both at the same time.

Not sure if there are steps I have missed.

Thanks

On the main Channels admin page in the “Transcoder” area does it show just Software or Hardware and Software?

Shows both. Is there a way to definitively check which is being used?
For reference my testing method was to upon a channel from the guide in the web-ui which using Safari on a mac. It took an age to start playing. Play quickly on appleTV though.

The only way is to make sure it’s actually transcoding in the web UI. Set the Web Player Server Quality to something low like 240p and make sure underneath the video in the web player you see ‘Transcoder running…’ then check nvidia-smi or the dashboard and see if it shows the process. Safari doesn’t always require transcoding so you might have been remuxing the playback.

think you were right ref remuxing!

Just dropped the quality down to 240 and it shows as a process now.

What is the advantage/disadvantage of listing out the capabilities as I think it was by default versus just putting all?

I'm not sure, I'd have to look it up. I think similar to 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES' you can specify just one UUID or all, but if you just have one device it's basically the same thing.

Glad it works!

Hello, thank you for creating this! I am troubleshooting an issue with what the logs are saying as corrupt packet errors. This is causing the video to stop playing and recordings to get interrupted. From a docker perspective, I have tried both bridging to the main host and also setting up a dedicated br0 interface and IP with the same results. I have also tried switching the encoder to software and hardware, no change. To make sure it wasn't something with my hdhomerun or my networks I installed the app on a VM on the same unraid host and that works without any issues. So this leads me to believe it is either something with the image or something with my docker networking. Here are the log entries when I see the issues.

2022/05/15 09:36:37.920391 [TNR] Cancelling stream 1315D55C/0 ch642 after no data was received for 6s
2022/05/15 09:36:37.921007 [HLS] ffmpeg: ch642-dANY-ip192.168.1.103-remux: [mpegts @ 0x60fe680] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 1)
2022/05/15 09:36:37.921147 [HLS] ffmpeg: ch642-dANY-ip192.168.1.103-remux: [mpegts @ 0x60fe680] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 2)
2022/05/15 09:36:37.933638 [TNR] Closed connection to 1315D55C/0 for ch642 FXX HD

Do you have any recommendations or ideas to continue troubleshooting?
Thank you in advance!

Have you tried host networking?

It doesn't look like it's an issue with the container, more the networking stack (potentially). @tmm1, ideas?

I just tried host networking with the same results.

Hi @tmm1, I just wanted to bump this if you had any idea other ideas for troubleshooting.
Thanks!

I'm not sure, sorry.

The "Dropped corrupted packet" messages are normal when tuning into a stream.

But you're seeing "no data was received for 6s" which suggests some kind of severe networking issue.

ok thank you for looking at it. Just as a fyi, I have not observed issues with my other containers (about 20 of them). I use plex all the time too and it is running on this same host and network and I am not noticing any issues even when streaming from that same HDHomeRun. I just say that as it is a real head-scratcher on what is going on. When I have more time I will run some captures on both sides to see if I can figure out where the hang-up is and report back if I find the culprit. Until then I will keep running it as a vm. :slight_smile:

1 Like