Unraid Community App Store

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this template/app. Channels is fantastic, and having it up and running on my Unraid server is just epic. Two questions -- first, over time should I update in-app? Or wait for the container to show an update is ready? Second, I presently have IPTVBoss running in a Windows VM, but are you aware of any efforts to get that spun up on Unraid? Is there somewhere I could learn how to do that with the published jar?

You should just update Channels internally, and if you want to update the container you can. I recently switched to @tmm1's image, which is rarely updated compared to when I updated mine every week.

For the second, no idea how IPTVBss works, sorry.

Are you deprecating your images or your GH repo?

I'm deprecating them and going to archive the GH repo for it soon. The docker images should exist and be fine for awhile I just won't update them.

Is there a permissions setting in this container that can be changed, so that files created from Channels DVR can be deleted from other sources? Meaning either in Windows Explorer or MCEbuddy.

I think I have everything set up. Rebuilt with UMASK 022, as are all the other containers. ls returns drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 94 Jun 19 09:35 TV/ MCEbuddy still runs and moves the new file correctly, but the original is still there, and it used to not be when it was all on Windows. While I can do new permissions in Unraid and then delete manually, that seems to be temporary.

Are you using the fancybits/channels-dvr:tve repository/container?

I recently got an nvidia gpu and currently have the intel container installed. What’s the best way to just swap them out and keep all my settings and data? Is it just as simple as changing containers and pointing the new nvidia one to my current appdata folder?

Yeah it should be as simple as changing from ‘fancybits/channels-dvr:tve’ to ‘fancybits/channels-dvr:nvidia’. Just be aware of this discussion: Docker nvidia - #7 by tmm1

My timstephens24 Channels server, which has worked great for 12+ months, is basically completely down today, despite multiple restarts of the container and the server. Anyone else seeing this? About to dive into container logs....

Hey @Hagary, I stopped supporting my custom image build last August, and switched the app package over to the official channels container. It should be a smooth move, just edit the container in the Docker tab and change the repository to fancybits/channels-dvr:tve

1 Like

Thanks for the message. I updated the repository and I'm still hanging trying to pull up my guides. Must be on my end, but now I have the repository set and I updated Unraid to 7.0 beta to boot (so far so good otherwise).

I just found this thread and I switched from Tim's repo (per instructions above) over to the fancybits repo and lots of problems have ensued. It downleveled me from Ubuntu 22 to Ubuntu 16. Chrome is now downleveled to v87. DNS is now misbehaving. Maybe I did something wrong?

I can't help with Ubuntu and Chrome version, but for DNS can you edit your Docker Image, click "Advanced view" and in the Extra Parameters add --dns 1.1.1.1 --dns 1.0.0.1 and see if that helps? Of course you can change Cloudflare DNS to whichever you prefer.

I have the system set to that already. :slight_smile: It turns out if I just leave it sit for a bit, everything works and just get the downlevel chrome error.

2 Likes

The "nvidia-test" repo from the other thread is working for me with zero issues as of this post.

2 Likes

Hello,
I'm hoping somebody can help me with an Unraid/Channels DVR setup. I have Channels DVR hosted in this Unraid container. One of my sources is a HDHomerun tv tuner. Unraid and HDHomerun use 192.168.1.xxx IP addresses. If I turn on a VPN on the Unraid server, Channels DVR can no longer find the HDHomerun tuner. I can still access the Channels DVR web UI fine on 192.168.1.xxx.
If I turn off the VPN, the tuner is immediately found again.
Any ideas?
Thank You!

Can you explain how your VPN is configured? You don’t want your VPN image to use host networking, and that sounds like it’s the case.

Thank you for getting back to me! I tried the delugeVPN privoxy method (per container), then I tried the Unraid baked-in Wireguard method; same results with both - HDHomerun not found as a source. I can confirm that the Channels DVR container uses the VPN IP address.
Another clue is that on VPN, a Channels DVR source Pluto m3u playlist finds zero channels, but off the VPN, 200+ channels are found. I think you're my only hope here. :slight_smile:
I'd appreciate ANY suggestions.
Thank you!

Sorry, I've never used the privoxy method, so I'm just assuming things here. I'm guessing then that you're putting the delugeVPN on a bridge network then tunneling channels through that? And channels is set to no networking and in Extra Parameters you have something like "--net=container: binhex-delugevpn"?

I'm going to guess what's happening is that when you put it on the VPN the VPN container has iptables/iftables rules that will block anything that's not going through the VPN. That's why when you turn on the VPN you can't get to anything local. There should be a way to get around that, but you'd need to look through the VPN container documents for allowing specific IP ranges and then allow traffic to your local/bridged IP space.

That's exactly right for the deluge settings. I will take a look at the vpn docs because what you are describing makes sense theoretically.
Thank you so much.