Update API - play up next for recording

I am wonder with what I was reading out the current beta if it is possible to update the API to be able to do something similar. I am envisioning using the shortcuts app to play the next episode of a show with the following steps for a shortcut:

1. Open Channels on AppleTV
  2. Select the show I want to watch (guessing I would need to know a pass or show grouping ID)
  3. Use Play Up Next API call with ID selected in step 2

You can do this from the Channels iOS app too. Hit watch on an episode and select your TV

The goal would be to not even have to open the app or even use the Apple TV remote. If this would work with one voice command I could turn on the Apple TV, open the Channels app and then tell the channels app to play the next up for a particular show or series.

Gotcha. I think @maddox does something similar with HomeAssistant so he can probably offer some advice

The endpoint for server that you'd hit is: /dvr/groups/$GROUP_ID/files

Then you'd want to use some kind of method to determine which episode is the oldest unwatched one. I'm not sure how to do that with Siri Shortcuts, but there's a lot of resources out there for parsing JSON for Shortcuts.

Would it be possible to update this endpoint to pass back the up next recording ID.

Something like:
dvr/groups/$GROUP_ID/upnext

That way I could send the group ID and then take what is sent back and then send back that new ID to be played on the AppleTV I choose.

This already exists