Update Chrome with TrueNAS Scale?

Hi. I'm having trouble with my TVe channels. Like the title says, I'm using Channels on a TrueNAS server with TrueCharts. It looks like Chrome is out of date. I did update the app to the latest version but no luck. I seen similar questions here but no solutions. Is it possible to update Chrome in this setup?

FreeBSD no longer has a working chrome available, so it's not possible to use TVE on that setup.

IIRC, TureNAS Scale is the new Linux-based containerized OS, while TrueNAS Core is the classic FreeBSD-based OS.

Ah you're right I got them backwards.

I've been digging around but it doesn't look like it's possible to update it separately.

If you can't get it working, spin up a VM with your faverate OS that supports Channels DVR. Commercial skipping may be slower and there may be some performance implications if you transcode to view remotely. If those limitations are an issue for you, then use an old laptop or a mini PC. Your storage can remain on the NAS.

I appreciate it. I do have a Linux VM running on TrueNAS just for fun. Everything else is running great so I'll just deal with it for now. I use cablecard so I don't rely on TVe. For some reason my Xfinity service only has Magnolia in standard definition so I was trying to replace it with the TVe version.