Updating Channels or restarting device loses DVR section temporarily

Hello again. I have seen this issue before but wasn’t sure if it was just a one time occurrence or not. I realized tonight after updating the Channels app it is still happening.

So, I have the channels app on my Shield TV device. Tonight I updated the app and then opened it. My DVR section was missing. I exited the app and then went back in but it was still missing. After leaving the app open for about 5 minutes or so the DVR section magically appears.

I noticed this a few days ago when I had to restart the Shield device and then opened the app. The DVR section was missing until it finally synced or something.

The DVR is currently on my Windows 10 computer until I finish setting up my DIY unRaid box. Before today the DVR was on my openmediavault setup.

I am on the Beta app version 104 (which was available earlier this evening as an update). I did hit submit diagnostics in case it is useful.

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

I’ve noticed this too sometimes, although it only takes about a minute to show up in the worst case. It appears to be some sort of bug in Oreo. We use the built in Android Bonjour API for discovery, and sometimes it just lags for no reason.

I will look into some possible workarounds.

Ok. Yes, I noticed it started with the Oreo update. It never did this before.
It may only be a minute here, but when you’re waiting it just feels longer! :slight_smile:

1 Like