Use Channels-DVR as a tuner for Emby

Sounds like your instance of Emby is not properly closing the streams when it's done with them.

No, it's up to Emby to properly close the connection. If Emby doesn't tell Channels it's done, how is Channels supposed to know what a third-party app is doing with its streams.

I shutdown the server and the connections still show active. It took Shutdown of Emby server and disabling Channels DVR to close connection. Once I re enable Channels DVR the status then said pruning old airings.

EMBY is funny you have to shutdown the stream gracefully ... If viewing on a tablet or phone you have to use the on screen left arrow to close the stream (left Upper).... not the built in tablet back button. You get the arrow by tapping on the screen once. If you just shutdown the EMBY App it will continue streaming.

It is a pain in the butt.

Well with this behavior it makes no since to continue with the setup. To bad because the Emby UI with the capability to stream TVE through Channels DVR as a tuner almost made it seem like I was using my Tivo DVR two years ago till Charter went total digital.

2 Likes

Maybe post in EMBY forum about the behavior. I got used to shutting the stream down gracefully.

1 Like

After not getting anywhere last time we posted, I tried it your way and it works great. Only issue is that I can't pull any of pacific channels in using DirecTV guide or Dish Guide. But thats ok since I mostly watch the recordings the west coast feed does not mater. Only issue is The Emby server does not properly disconnect unless you gradually close the app using the back button. I normally use the home button on the Fire TV remote to disconnect from Channels DVR but the behavior is not the Same with the Emby Server. Recordings do disconnect when they are complete.

1 Like

Yeah EMBY really needs to fix this ... I saw your post in EMBY forum do not hold your breath awaiting a fix ... I am still waiting on EDL support lol.

You can try this lineup for the west coast feeds:

Zip: 90001	Compton, US	Charter Spectrum - Digital   CableDigital

What are you doing for your logos. The ones that are black need to be replaced. Is there another way to get them brighter or reversed. I had to use photoshop to get them reversed but are really small for Emby Guide.

See here for accessing different versions of the logos.

1 Like

Look at my post here.

Why not pull the TVE guide data from Channels DVR and use it in emby ?

Similar to this ... Change TVE-Comcast_SSO to your provider.

http://yourip:8089/devices/TVE-Comcast_SSO/channels.m3u?format=ts

Because the season/episode does not parse like you said in earlier post. But mike suggestion worked. I just thought that the guide from the Compton would give the time from the west and not central.

1 Like

Yeah forgot that lol .. I am trying to get past that 500 limit. Creating M3U for OTA, Cable etc ... Didn't' realize that on my 2nd ChannelsDVR I was missing some channels.

I'll remove the limit when using m3u from a second DVR.

Someone should open a thread on Emby forum re: support for <episode-num system="onscreen">

1 Like

Parse XML from Channels DVR .... - General Discussion - Emby Community

That was fast Thank You.

1 Like

Is anybody seeing an issue with Emby Guide not showing Channel DVR channel numbers in the Browser UI guide. They show in the Fire TV Emby App.
Chrome Browser

TV Screen (Fire TV Emby App)

I do not remember ever having the channel numbers in the web ui.

It did. It showed the call letters followed by the channel number example "WBRCDT 6.1"
The channel number displayed under the Channel Icons.

1 Like