Use EPG from DVB

Hi,

I have just bought a subscription and also the Channels (not DVR) on Apple.

On that App the EPG was correct and I did nothing, it just worked.

Now I have installed the Channels Server on my Synology and I needed to choose a provider Waoo in Denmark.

But that provider does not have all Channels, so why are the blanks not filled out by the EPG data stream on DVB?

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:
Best
Christian

IIRC, all guide data is provided by a third-party service, instead of using any EIT/guide data in the DVB transmission itself.

So provider base EPG from DVB is not an option.

That's a surprise :frowning:

Makes the application more or less useless as I only have EPG on some channels.

Will cancel my subscription then...

Best,
Christian

I believe there is a way to use the guide mapping from HDHR's guide to supplement what is offered by Channels. Have you Shift+Clicked on the Refresh button under the tuner in the DVR web UI? (That will populate missing channel entries with the lineup pulled from the HDHR.)

Well, I can't get very close.

It seems like the EPG data here in Denmark is very buggy/old channel entries, not complete at all.

So I'm quite stucked. Tried Plex and that is so much better in this area. All channels where available, just needed to map a few.

But like the simplicity of Channels App much better, so quite sad it's not the most complete package.

Can't we provide XMLTV data as a option or please just implmenet DVB EPG (Know it's limitations, but much better fallback than nothing)

/CU

Do you get good guide data in the official HDHR app?