Use same padding as DVR Web UI (default & options)

Would be great if the app used the same default padding set in the web UI so you don’t have to modify every pass created in the app (or at least allow setting a default padding in app).

Also I notice the options differ slightly. App is missing 3 mins (my preferred padding) & padding before has longer duration options in web. Would make sense to unify IMO

+1 it’s been driving my OCD crazy!

I was going to make a separate post for this, but was alerted to this already existing thread.

What's the purpose of having default padding options if the client doesn't actually utilize them?

I set 99% of my recordings up through the Android Channels Client on my Nvidia Shield.... I don't want to have to modify every single recording manually to say 1 minute before and 5 minutes after.

What is the rationale for this?

1 Like

I also agree the Padding set in the Web Page should also populate to the clients when setting up a pass.

1 Like

+1, or at least an option to set default padding in the App.

This appears to me as a feature disparity? Web UI padding defaults are utilized in Channels iOS.

Can we get some sort of acknowledgement from the developers about the default padding not working in the Android Client?

1 Like

Yea this is a bug in the Android app.

1 Like

This bug is fixed in the latest android beta build which is being uploaded to the Play Store right now.

3 Likes

Using the app on Android TV on Shield....the set Record via the app does not obey the set pad time in the Sever settings page. App always sets to On Time

Maybe you need to restart the app if you just changed the setting.

i have closed and reopend the app, even force quit it then re-open, still does not obey the server.

And the setting was set in server at first setup. BUt I have tried changing it to something else, so no change in the app on the Shield.

Are you making a single record, or creating a pass?

Single record. I have not tried "Pass"
(that is an odd term to use...I am used to Record Series, or Series Recording....the term Pass, kinda imply I need to buy something, or authorize something... but i gather this stems from "Season Pass" that maybe some other online purchase system uses.)

i'll chime in here, because i'm a new sub and absolutely love the app so far...but this is my one annoyance. i have it set to do a 3 min padding at both start and end, as i'm only recording locast and tv everywhere, and almost every recording was getting cut off at the start with no padding. the issue is that when i create a new recording from the guide in the fire tv app, it automatically does it with no padding. if i create a series pass in the app, it does seem to recognize and respect my 3 minute padding settings...but individual recordings do not.

The padding setting in the Channels DVR Server settings is for passes. It’s the default padding for passes, saving you the time of setting the padding every time you create a pass. It’s not applied for manual recordings.

Thanks for the clarification; I had assumed that was the case. However, the heading for that section is misleading, as it states:

Recordings & Passes Default options for new passes and recordings

Perhaps the next release can clarify the text, such as dropping "recordings" from the sections and only reference passes.

Yes, I looked at it and blushed. Your assumption was completely valid with how that is written.

Thanks!

This is fixed in the latest android beta app.

define "fixed" - was the description fixed or was it changed to actually allow the default padding to apply to single recordings?

i think at least the option to allow the default padding to apply to single recordings is something that would be very useful, as like i said almost all of my locast / tve recordings so far have been cut off at the beginning, so i've been putting a 3 min padding on everything. would be nice to be able to just hit "record" to do this rather than having to go in and add options every time, not to mention not having to explain to my wife that she has to do this every time she wants to record something.