Use thumbnail as episode art?

Is there a setting that makes the thumbnail also become the episode art work?

Example is, I have multiple TV episodes that I have imported. The series and episode look up has worked great for the title and description. The auto generated thumbnails are great for auto generated, but when you view an episode details(or play next appears), you see the series art. This feels confusing from a family user UX perspective.

I know I can upload art for each episode and this resolves the confusion over the ‘picture changing’. However this is very time consuming and having an option to show the thumbnail instead of the series would solve this.

I’m hoping I have missed how I can achieve this.

Many Thanks

No there is not.

Thanks for confirming I had not missed a setting.

Is it possible to add this as a feature request?

Is there an alternative way I could achieve it in the meantime? Can I copy the thumbnail image to the art location, directly on the storage? (I’m using docker) Or is there and API I can use to get the thumbnail and set the art?

Many Thanks

No there’s no plans to use thumbnails where season art is used. They’re just not a good enough representation of “the episode”.

This means in places like recently watched, recently aired, and Up Next.

They are used in the show view, because it’s clear what show they’re from.

But showing thumbnails of a show in a list that’s a mix of shows doesn’t communicate what they are enough.

This decision was thought out and purposeful and there’s no plans to change it.

Thanks for explaining the logic, it makes sense.

If you upload art to the episode, is it still the thumbnail that’s shown in show view? If you want them the same, do you need to add it to both the thumbnail and art?

Thanks