User-chosen channel logos

Just a thought… Would it be possible to choose (and upload/host) channel logos? I have a few PBS stations, but they all default to the network logo. It’s hard to know which channel is which using the guide. It might be nice to be able to upload our own similar to how car stereos allow.

1 Like

Maybe they could reside in an iCloud Drive folder. Then the user could amend as desired and they would sync across devices.

I second this. The default logos look pixilated on ‘top shelf view’ so it would be nice to upload some nice hi-res ones.

1 Like

I just was posting some feedback on another thread about this.

Would love to be able to have this and input our own channel logos or have some country set ones stored somewhere that we can download from. Currently in NZ the channel logos are non existent

1 Like

And this would be a small workaround for the lack of logos for those not using SD or using DVB for guide.

The only problem I can see is that I believe that SDs agreement with their provider does not allow for long term “local caching” or offline downloading of the logos… This would make the “best scenario” of downloading the logos to the ATV or icloud for use offline or for DVB a non-starter. You would have to get the logos on your own from another source and upload it yourself.

I’d also like this feature, since I would rather look at the local channel logos than the network ones.

Any thoughts from the devs about this feature request? :slight_smile:

With my guide data (Denmark) several logs are incorrect, missing, or low quality - it would be really nice with some top quality channel logos for the big 4K interface on e.g. the Apple TV 4K.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Coming from Emby/Kodi setup I'm a bit bummed I can't change the logos, some of the defaults don't look great or are hard to make out. Other times there's a better specific logo for a sub channel but the provider data just sends over the same logo as the main network...

edit: I realize this was old but since it's tagged feature request I went ahead & replied :wink:

Has this Idea for a feature been abandon or does anyone still would like to be able to import logo images that are missing or not correct in the guide. I have numerous OTA channels missing logo images.

1 Like

If we can't have user-chosen channel logos, is it possible to have additional outside sources available for users? With multiple broadcast stations in the same network, it really is an unnecessary hassle.

If not, maybe add the ability to add the callsign?

1 Like

What is an outside source?

Another program provider, like TitanTV?

I would love to be able to customize Channel Icons like you can with Emby. Many of the OTA logos not very pleasing and very dim in some cases. I have some that are the same color UI background that all I see is a blank square. Some are missing and only see the channel number.

I'm curious whether there has been any thought by the developers on this. I have multiple affiliates of the same network and would like to be able to discern among them. I understand, for whatever reason, Gracenote (the program data provider) does not always allow "local" logos.

Would Channels permit users to host "custom" logos? Or maybe allow for removing the channel number from the guide and inputting the call letters?

My experience from Gracenote's station data (from years using Schedules Direct) isn't necessarily that they don't allow local logos; but rather the affiliate data for stations seem to get more prominence.

If the issue is with your local stations having confusing/incorrect logos, you could always try to get them fixed through SiliconDust. There is a Guide Issues subforum on their site specifically for these types of situations. Simply include your ZIP code, which station(s) are incorrect, and how they might be corrected. While this isn't guaranteed to work, it is probably the best way to achieve what you want.