Using all tuners from a Tablo and HDHR

Getting all tuners in use errors when attempting to watch a third OTA channel, using a HDHR Flex Duo (2 tuners) and a Tablo duo (2 tuners) are we not capable of using all tuners with the addition of the Tablo unit?

Hi - not 100% certain on this but the Tablo and HDHR are two separate sources. Each channel comes from a source so when you record that channel it pulls it from the source. So if you are trying to watch/record >2 channels from the same source you run out of tuners. What I don't know is whether Channels recognizes the same channel defined in two different sources and will use the tuner from the available source/channel if the other source is fully utilized.

Yeah, searching around appears the HDHR can use multiple devices as sources and tuner availability takes from other sources when needed (so, I think). Just can’t see if that also applies to the Tablo unit with an HDHR, if so I most be missing an configuration.

Submit diagnostics after you've recreated the issue and we can look into what's going on. In general, we have much less ability to diagnose issues with Tablo tuners than we do HDHomeRuns, so the extent of our ability to understand the issue may be diminished.

1 Like

Error was “The connection to the tuner was lost. Press play to try again”, I finally got all tuners (HDHR & Tablo) to play on different devices, not sure if this was the cause, but I moved the Priority order in the Server UI to place the HDHR as first and Tablo second.