Using public DNS resolver from "Google LLC" can cause problems with TV Everywhere

I have a Google Wi-Fi mesh router. I've enabled a manual connection and set up ports 8089 to 8089 and am able to connect remotely. Guide loads fine just get a spinning star and live tv channels won't load, sometime get errors. Also live tv channels through firesticks are working great on home network. I get the following through troubleshooting on the channels dvr server. Any suggestions?

DNS - Using public DNS resolver from "Google LLC" can cause problems with TV Everywhere

I'm using OpenDNS (ECS, DNSSEC) and I also get this warning. I've not had any issues with TVE so far (looks around to find wood to knock on).

Using Cloudflare Quad One with DoH and no issues.

I'm a novice at this stuff. How do you set it up?

1 Like

In your router settings if it supports it.

This doesn’t sound like a DNS issue to me. More like a bandwidth/transcoding issue. Try tuning a channel remote and if it fails post the last 40 or so lines of your logs.

These are my router settings. I’m not seeing cloudfare anywhere

You'll have to post the errors you get, otherwise everyone is guessing.

You don't need to change any settings. The message you saw was put there by the developers and means if you don't use your ISP's DNS servers, it "MIGHT" cause an issue with TVE. But you're not having an issue with TVE.

Any errors in the DVR log?

If you have this box checked. Uncheck it

I don’t have that checked

Logs

1 Like

2023/08/18 01:29:14.322471 [TRS] DNS: WARNING: Using public DNS resolver from "Google LLC" can cause problems with TV Everywhere

1 Like

Shows you watched ch6084 FXM for about 40 seconds, no errors.
Is that the one that gave you the error?

yes, just spins never connects.

Do you have any recordings you can try playing, do they work?

2 Likes

I have a few, should I check on my phone provider or home internet?