Using the web browser to find a recorded movie

Is there an easier way to find the details of a recorded movie or show than how it works now?

I'm running 2021.02.24.2153 on my PC. Being able to find a recorded movie using the web browser has changed dramatically. For my usage it's made it much more difficult to find a movie.

I was trying to find the recording of a particular movie to see if the whole movie recorded the last time it was on and had a hard time finding it.

In the old versions of the server I would just go to Manage Recordings and select unwatched (admin/recordings/files/unwatched) and use ctrl+F to find it and now Manage Recordings only shows 50 movies (admin/recordings/files/movies) with no next button.

I had to go to the library link (/admin/movies) and 44 clicks later I found my movie in the list (admin/browse/movies?filter=all&page=42&sort=alpha). 3 clicks to get the list of all movies alphabetized and 41 clicks to get to Mogambo (currently I have 3483 movies recorded).

Is there an easier way to find the details of a recorded movie or show? Info I'm looking for only comes up on the exact page for the recording (admin/movies/1). I'm looking for recording length; channel it's recorded on or any of the other red tags that show up like delayed.

dvr details

The lastest pre-release finally adds a full library search to the web admin. So now you can search everything. Just use the search bar in the nav to find your movie.

In Manage, it should show all your movies when you pick Movies from the side bar, not just the last 50.

This was incorrect. The reason for this is because this view is no longer a browsing experience, it's designed for managing your recordings. Showing all of your movies/recordings (especially over THREE THOUSAND) at the same time destroys the browser and is of no help anyways. The idea is that this is where you would to to get to your last view recordings to manage them in some way like editing their commercials

If you're trying to find something specific, search is your friend.

1 Like

Does the web admin search function allow you to search for categories as well as titles? In other words, can I type in 'comedy' to get a list of all comedies?

No, but you can filter your movies by genre in the browse view.

You can also click on any genre listed for a movie to get to all your movies of that genre:

3 Likes

Does this new search apply to all media?
i.e. Recorded Movies, Recorded TV Shows, Recorded Specials, Imported Movies, Imported TV Shows, Imported Specials, etc.

Looking for a reason to update and test my Read-Only Import mounts.

Are you referring to this search bar?

It doesn't find any movies that were reordered previously; it only finds movies that are coming up in the guide. Can't find the library search in the web admin.

I'm running the 2021.02.24.2153 server on a PC.

Judging by the time of his post, you need a newer pre-release version than that.
I usally look at posts like that, convert the time of the post to UTC and look for a pre-release version that's close to it. Current pre-release is 2021.02.26.0316

I'm not sure how it works, but would be nice when the devs say pre-release they mention the version. Maybe they submit the code and don't know what the version will be?

Yes, everything in your library. It has unified results for your library and guide.

No. You'll need the latest pre-release.

:+1:

Updated to 2021.02.26.1558 and I really like the new library search.

There was one feature of the old search. Somewhere in the Web Admin there was a tab that showed a page of upcoming movies. I really liked that feature and now I can't find it or remember where it was; I think it was on the old search page. Is there anyway to see that in the newest Web Admin?

That was the blank view of search when it had its own page you could click to.

You can find all of that in the On Later section now.

I'm liking this new search functionality!
Quick and easy.