Uverse TVE Setup Issue

Hi,

I have had my Uverse working for a few years now with no issues. I had some issues and needed to re-setup a few things including my TVE providers. When trying to setup Uverse I get this message now but am not able to click on anything. Does anyone know a fox or work around for this?

(I submitted logs: 96993560-ba38-4c60-bec6-7131b40a9544)

AT&T—and by extension DirecTV as they use the same authentication/account infrastructure—has been changing how they handle accounts and authorizations. Many users have reported success by:

1. Removing the problematic TVE source
  2. Updating the DVR to the newest pre-release
  3. From a private/incognito browser window, use your credentials to log in and start a stream from nbc.com/live
  4. Access your DVR via HTTPS (necessary if you want locals over TVE)
  5. Add your TVE source back in

Unfortunately, there really isn't any other option, as the problem is that your provider has changed how they are handling things. Hopefully this will get you back on track.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the quick response. I'll work in this in a bit.

Please report back. Thanks.

Thanks racameron, this worked for me! the only other thing I did was click Opt out, sign in with user ID and password when I was in incognito mode when signing into nbc.com/live. Hopefully this will prevent this from happening in the future.

I also wasnt aware that I would get extra local channels via HTTPS.

1 Like

Most browsers require HTTPS connections for a website/app to request your location from the browser. Since that is how the networks determine which local station to serve you, a secure connection in the browser is necessary. (Yes, even if you are accessing the DVR locally via a private IP address, HTTPS is still required.)