Venu Sports TVE availability? (Sports only - ESPN, ESPN+, ABC, FOX, FS1, etc.)

Did a Google search of the forum and didn't see Venu mentioned. So, apologies if already posted and I missed it. It's supposed to be $43/month and release sometime this month. Has anyone heard any rumors on if it'll offer TVE

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/venu-sports-new-sports-streaming-service-between-warner-fox-and-disney.3294513/page-10?post_id=63478122#post-63478122

-----Quoted info below-----

### What channels will be included?

Subscribers get access to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+. They’ll also get on-demand programs from the other sports networks’ archives.

### What sports-related content won’t be included?

Since NBC and CBS Sports aren’t involved, you won’t be able to find any of their sports programming. That encompasses a wide variety of games and events, including NBC’s upcoming NBA games, Notre Dame football games, CBS’s NFL slate, NBC’s Sunday Night Football, and CBS’s Big Ten games, just to name a few.

Any sporting events on other streaming services, such as Amazon (“Thursday Night Football”), Netflix (“NFL Christmas Day games”), Peacock (“Notre Dame/Big Ten games”), and Apple TV+ (MLS and MLB games), won’t be included as well.

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that since it's a streaming only service by some pretty big names in the industry that there will be no TVE access to it. TVE was started by cable companies to allow their subs to access networks via apps using the subscribers cable company auth. Things have changed since then and the cablecos are bleeding subs.

I'm expecting TVE will be. pulled once the new streaming service starts.
Most customers will want the app access with DVR etc.
Users like it super simple.

The site hasn't even opened up shop. Its wait and see for the time being...

Good luck to fubo in future contract negotiations

The providers got what they deserved, they were clearly colluding to keep Fubo from offering a sports bundle.

They just flushed their $1.2 billion down the drain unless they get a sniff that they can't act like an oligopoly.

3 Likes

yeah if Venu isn't a trust might as well change the definition of the word

1 Like