Verizon FiOS and TVE

I am testing the TVE option with FiOS. I have a HDHomeRun with Cable Card and it attaches to the DVR without issue. I then connected to Verizon, Assuming it is FiOS, and it also attached after I provided my credentials. However, the channels listed from the TVE on the DVR are different from the channels provided on my Cable Card, Set Top Box, and even the FiOS app. Is there a reason for this? Is this not the FiOS app?

I am asking because I didn't not see FiOS listed as I do in the TV Everywhere section on the GetChannels site located here: https://getchannels.com/how/.

Any answers I can get would be a great help.

thanks

The cable card, set top box, and fios app are not TVE. I could explain what TVE is, but it is explained all over the place on these forums.

Basically, the app is logging into the websites for particular stations using your cable account as authorization. These streams are generally lower quality video and audio, but are often a good supplement for some OTA users who want the extra stations. Its not going to give you anything more than the channels your HDHR Prime is getting. And not all channels have TVE.

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I am trying to figure out is the following: The Discovery Channel is 620 on all of the stations, but on TVE it is 6101. Not sure why the difference. In addition, I don't get any of the Local Channels Fox, ABC, etc.

I was hoping to set the priority and have the TVE one take precedence.

Also - why does the site show Fios, but the app does not?

thanks again, it does help.

The TVE streams are coming from their source providers. You can imagine that if I have cable TV at my home, the Discovery channel might be 1214, but with your FIOS sub, it's 620. So my cable company and your cable company broadcast Discovery on a different channel. For Channels DVR to keep track of that would be awfully difficult, and at the end of the day probably not worth it, so I believe they have taken a more universal approach and numbered the TVE channels in their own system, starting with 6000, to keep them out of range of most other TV.

You are correct. TVE does not provide much [sometimes none] for local channels, so generally speaking, you'll have to get those elsewhere, via antenna, cable company, or some folks have access to a service called Locast that does stream local TV.