Version clarity?!?

Guys-

I’m currently using Channels apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV4 and Channels DVR on Nvidia Shield. I’m also participating in the Beta program. Right now I’m having difficulty following on the Forums which or what are the latest releases to be using/testing.

The iPad iOS public release was updated 6 days ago. The ‘same’ Beta release has a version ‘2017…12,14,2017’. Am I to assume (:wink:), that the public release contains more up to date features/fixes/corrections than the Beta released 2 months ago? Should/could the iOS Beta be removed from TestFlight to avoid ‘confusion’?

Apple TV 4 Beta is labeled v2018 (2.19.2252), while the public version has v3.1.8 released 2/14/2018. That one might be easier to guess at…but is it?

And living in the Apple bubble, trying to determine/remember how to check the latest build/release for Channels on the Nvidia Stream through the Google Store leaves me with a headache.

So, I’m wondering, if or whether you guys could devise a magical way (a pinned Forum posting, maybe) that would contain in ONE place the current version data of all things CHANNELS.

We recommend using the stable app store builds, which are documented on getchannels.com/releases

We push fixes to the various app stores as soon as possible, and sometimes without a beta build first. That’s why some of the betas are actually older than the store builds as you noticed.

The only time you need to install/use the betas is when you’re actively testing a specific fix or feature that is being discussed on the forum.

There may be features that are in testing in the beta release that have not been deemed ready for general public consumption; or may never make it to the public release for various reasons. So in your example above, feature “A” may have been release in the Dec 14 Beta and is still under testing. A feature (Feature B) may have left the testing phase and is deemed ready for public use so a new public build with that feature was released.

Thanks! For the explanation and the site.