Video Group names bug?

Just noticed something with my bumpers and I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior.

• I put my bumpers into folders in my video directory. Let's say I name these folders "Bumpers - Shorts" and "Bumpers - Ads".
  • When I import these into Channels, I get two video groups called "Bumpers - Shorts" and "Bumpers - Ads".
  • I can rename these video groups in the web interface. Let's say I rename them "Shorts" and "Ads". These are the names I actually want for the video groups, I just added the word "Bumpers" to the folders so they are grouped together in my video directory.
  • I can add these video groups to my virtual channels using the Bumper Groups dropdown menu where they show up as "Shorts" and "Ads".
  • When I go to the guide on my Apple TV client, however, they appear in the grid as "Bumpers - Shorts" and "Bumpers - Ads".

Is this just a bug or is renaming video groups something other than the folder name a no-no?

Thanks for any insight!

This is sort of a general issue with Video Group renaming, not just bumpers.

When things are imported, the videos get the title as well. When the video group is renamed, this title does not propagate to the videos.

It’s a long standing issue that still hasn’t been resolved.

Thanks. It's not a big deal, I just spent some time trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong so thought I'd mention it. Probably best to just name the folders what I want the video group to be named since the grouping in my video directory is not really something I should be worrying about!

Tested another option for my case that seems to be working. Instead of naming the folders "Bumpers - Shorts" and "Bumpers - Ads" so they stay grouped together in the video directory, I put a folder in the video directory named "Bumpers" then put my "Shorts" and "Ads" folders in there. When Channels does a media scan, it seems to ignore the outer "Bumpers" folder for naming purposes and correctly titles my video groups as "Shorts" and "Ads" everywhere in the interface and the client. I'll report back if I discover any issues.

As of the latest pre-release, you can now edit the Title of multiple videos at once with the batch editor.

While this doesn't solve the original problem completely, you at least have a way to adjust their titles if you would like.

Note: New videos adopt the Title of the Video Group they're attached to, so future videos added will automatically have the Title of the Video Group, if you edited it.