Video Group order bug on Android clients

I've just imported some of my old videos into Channels. This includes 4 series of Jeeves & Wooster. They were already named with Season Number and Episode number and this has been imported with the Season/Episode added correctly to the metadata. I have set the Group Option to be oldest first. The videos display fine in the correct order on the Web UI page from S01E01 up to S04E06. If I then select watch newest first in the Video Group Options the display correctly reverses the order with S04E06 moving to the top.

But in the Android Clients they always display in reverse order with Season 4 Episode 6 first. Changing the watch order in the Video Options in the client from oldest first to newest first doesn't change the display order. The screenshot below is from a shield running the alpha but I've checked and it does the same on the latest standard built too.

tbh as a user I was always confused why TV shows were sorted backwards but I assumed it was intentional :joy:

1 Like

I've just updated to the latest beta (3.20.101) as it mentioned some sort issues had been fixed, but the above problem still exists with my Videos. No matter what Watch Order I set in Video Options it always displays as in my picture above with Season 4 Episode 6 first.

Ani, is v2024.03.22.1228 supposed to fix the Video Group order bug too?

I've just updated to it but the order displayed is still always oldest (latest season/episode) first as shown in the image above regardless of settings either on the server or on the client.