Video Issues only with DVR on

I am having problems with the video being choppy or losing the connection completely after updating to TVOS 11. It seems like a network issue, but my Apple tv’s are hardwired. I found that if I turn off the DVR than the app works fine, when I turn the DVR back on the video issues return. I am using a Mac mini for the DVR and it is currently connected over wi-if, ac. I’m thinking maybe the wi-fi might be an issue, but it was working fine with TVOS 10, the problem started with TVOS 11. Anyone else seeing this issue?

On the Settings tab of the app, you can toggle the “Tuner Sharing” setting which makes live tv streaming go through your DVR. If your DVR is on wifi, then I recommend leaving this off.

With Tuner Sharing enabled, the DVR has to download the video from your HDHR, then upload it to your ATV. This means it requires 2x the bandwidth as usually, and can be problematic if the wifi signal is not strong enough.

That worked, thanks.

1 Like

I was having the same issue and I turned sharing of which fixed it also but today it started doing it again and tuner sharing has been off on every device for the past few months.

If your video is breaking up it almost always means a bad signal or bad wifi/network connection.