Video playback issue with Apple TV (UK 50hz)

Because I’m in the uk with TV playback on Apple TV I have to change video output to 1080p50 because on 60 playback is stuttering
But then Apple TV movies are then stuttering on 50 and I have to change back to 1080p60.
The auto setting does not fix it
Is there a workaround for this to avoid keeping on changing output setting ?
Thanks

This is a known issue in the U.K.

I have just opened a bug report with Apple (rdar://33214643) to see if there are any APIs we can use to control the refresh rate in our app.

I recommend checking the settings on your TV as well, making sure any sort of intelligent frame creation is switched off (things called ‘motion enhancement’, ‘smooth motion’, or similar). I find that with the ATV set to 60Hz, Channels in the UK is watchable, although not perfect. I still notice the stutter occasionally in scenes with a slow pan, or with news crawls like on the BBC News channel. Otherwise it’s not too bad.

Of course, the best thing would be if Apple would allow apps to switch the refresh rate on the fly, as @tmm1 mentions. (And add a 24Hz option for films!)

Re: Bug ID 33214643: Programmatic control of display refresh rate?

Engineering has determined that your bug report (33214643) is a duplicate of 11241617 and will be closed.