VideoReDo

Thanks for the explanations!

OK, now, that's cool! That means I don't have to worry about starting a new segment of the show on a key frame. Encoding black frames should be trivial and not visible.

Even better!
With the added support in Channels, I think it's a no brainer!

Thanks. You have convinced me to try it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, in VideoReDo, if you enable thumbnails, there is a audio waveform of sorts below the video thumbnail that will tell you if audio is silent or not. I usually just advanced to the next or previous i-frame with silent audio to mark my commercial cut.

2 Likes

Nice. Thank you for the tip! :slightly_smiling_face:

Bonus point: it even creates chapter markers at the cut points! This is something I usually do manually using MKVToolNix.

After using on just two movies, I love it!
Transitions are beautiful, exactly what I want.

I turned on the option to generate the vprj files from Channels and life is great.

I'm sold on VideReDo.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Congrats!

Best advice I can offer a new user is to save your settings when you make changes.
Tools>Options>Start up>Settings>Save

There is a way to tell which settings/options have been changed from default, but best to keep a change log (simple text file) next to your saved settings files explaining why you changed it. I've made so many changes over the years, I forget why I made the changes because I didn't do that.

For navigating (I'm a keyboard shortcut user) I like using <Ctrl>-Left/Right Arrow keys to scrub through a video by I-frames.

1 Like

Thank you. Great tips. :+1: