View recordings without subscription

Hi. Unfortunately i will be canceling my DVR subscription soon as I will be moving to another place where Comcast won’t be available (only ATT). Can I still view my previous recordings using the App without a subscription?

I did the same thing you did (moved from a state with Comcast to another state with AT&T Fiber). You can still watch everything you recorded, but the Channels app won’t see your DVR after you’re canceled. You can use an app like MrMC, Infuse, or Plex after you cancel the DVR service with Channels to watch all the files, since they’re your legally recorded files.

1 Like

Glad, I haven’t moved from our of Comcast area. As stated above, the various playback options for Channels recordings are more than adequate (and at times even superior to Channels…MrMC is able to playback those recordings with automatic comm skipping).

Still would like to see a non DVR channels playback function…for those DVR recordings recordings made by Channels DVR…which would eliminate the cost/inconvenience for users of having to add another playback option on the ATV…specifically for those who move out of Channel’s DVR capabilities area.

Of course, this would be contrary to Channels intended target of DVR customers, hence a non income (on going) producing project…but an added bonus to those users (for future proofing) who may find themselves in this possible scenario.

Further to above…as Channels playback of all mpeg2 (OTA and national “Prime time” channels) files is infinitely superior (ffd/rew) to many other solutions offered…possibly Channels could produce a separate (app) playback function for recordings in this format…accommodating all Channels DVR recordings (with comm skip) plus other DVR recordings in same format.