Virtual Channels and Commercial Skipping

Is there a setting or option to have commercial skipping for virtual channels?

For example some of the shows I have on my disk are recordings from PlayOn and they have commercials mixed in (I have a couple like this from IMDBtv now Freeve). Is there a way to have commercial skipping for those shows when accessing them from the guide?

Virtual Channels always skip commercials.

I guess I was really asking about an automatic option. With recordings through the DVR commercials are visible at the bottom of the screen. With automatic commercial skipping selected it jumps right over them, I was curious if that was possible for other files not recorded and processed through the DVR's commercial detection.

Generally PlayOn recordings also contain commercial markers, and those are imported into the DVR automatically.

But if you're saying you have some imports where no commercials are marked, you can run them through commercial detection manually on the web UI

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!

Do virtual channels automatically skip commercials or do they respect the skipping option in settings?

I can definitely see why the first option is desirable for virtual channels. But some of the shows I'm recording are not working well with commercial skipping . So just curious what the setting is because it may be better for me just to disable commercial skipping on these particular shows if virtual channels don't give an option.

As always thanks for any help!
Thanks!

Virtual channels always skip commercials. You can verify commercials on recordings which don't have proper markers.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I'm recording like 10 judge shows a day for my wife, so verifying the commercials would be a bit too much work! I think the option to just not scan for commercials during those particular shows is the best option for me. Thanks for the info!

1 Like