Virtual Channels - incorrect episode names

I have multiple entire series’ on my server, and it shows up in the Channels app. However, for some reason, instead of showing every episode name properly, every episode is incorrect when in the guide mode. This is specifically for my virtual channels.

It’s been this way for many months. I was hoping to bring it up in the hopes of resolving it. It would be great if it would show the proper episode name. Is this a known issue?

Sounds like you imported some shows and the metadata did not match correctly.

How are the season/episode details specified in the episode filenames?

friends_s01e01_720p_bluray_x264-sujaidr

This is just one example. It’s different for each show, I never changed it from how it was when I received the files.

In the Library section of the app, everything looks as expected. It’s only the Guide that has this problem for some reason.

Which client device and version of the app?

It happens both on my Apple TV and my iPhone.

v 5.4.2

Does the guide on the TV/phone match the guide on the DVR web UI under Guide?

Is the season/episode info shown correct?

You're saying it says S1E1 and then you click it and its not that episode but a different one?

No, it is incorrect on the DVR web UI as well.

Yes, it shows a certain episode, but it is not actually that episode when clicked.

For Friends, it tends to show the same episode over and over again. For example, for ANY season 6 episode, it will ONLY show Season 6 Episode 6. For ANY season 9 episode, it ONLY shows Season 9 Episode 10.

Please screenshot the virtual channel settings for that station

Please try the prerelease update

I updated to prerelease. Many episodes are still mislabeled in the Guide. I just tried clicking through them.

Please submit diagnostics from the DVR under Support > Troubleshooting

Ok, submitted

You have some files named like this:

Friends\Season 8\8x19-The One with Joeys Interview.mkv

These are not being picked up correctly, and imported as S8E8 instead of S8E19

So you have a library full of S8E8 but they're actually different episodes.

You can either fix match on those, or rename the files and let them scan in correctly

Thanks so much!

Is there an episode-naming-scheme you recommend here? I may as well rename everything properly.

Yes you can see our docs: Channels Support - Import Your Own Movies and TV Shows

SxEx works fine and that's what most of your content is using.

If your episodes are separated into season folders, make sure the folder name is "Season 5". I see some of yours are in "Show Name - Season 5" which is causing some issues as well.

Really? That's strange that you see that. I specifically formatted everything like this:

I was referring to other shows like Smallville

Oh ok, I guess I missed some! I'll update the episode names for Friends to start, and hopefully that solves it. I'll report back, thanks again :smiley:

I updated it as you suggested... and for Friends, it seems to be working for the most part. But for some reason, for Season 6, it only shows the S6E6 episode in the Guide.

But also, clicking on these episodes does not bring up anything. Do I need to reset the Virtual Channel or something? I already scanned the content and also Pruned Deleted.

Update: I also removed Friends from the Virtual Channel, then re-added it. That seemed to reset the content, and now it seems to work as expected!

1 Like